Nyah M
A
In Tennessee Republicans are fight to have the age of consent be 12 years of age.

The Arizona Supreme Court, by enacting the 1864 abortion ban, lowered the state's age of consent to 10 years of age.
05:21 PM - Apr 17, 2024
Michael J Sheridan
A
In response to Nyah M.
This is an incorrect reading of Arizona law. The age of consent is not tied to abortion law, so the rollback of abortion law to 1864 in Arizona does not affect the age of consent there (which is still 18).

https://www.snopes.com/new...
08:51 PM - Apr 17, 2024
Nyah M
A
In response to Michael J Sheridan.
Thank you for the correction. I was given that information from an Aunt who currently lives in Arizona and works in a law firm. She said she heard it from one of the firms lawyers.
08:54 PM - Apr 17, 2024
O Aguabonita
A
In response to Nyah M.
What is the basis for the statement that the AZ SC's decision lowered the age of consent to 10? I've not seen/heard this reported elsewhere.
07:40 PM - Apr 17, 2024
Nyah M
A
In response to O Aguabonita.
If you read the law, it says that a 10 y/o can legally be impregnated and have a baby and last I checked in order to impregnate a female, sex must be had...So...The age of concent based on this law is 10.
08:15 PM - Apr 17, 2024
frog_enabler
A
In response to Nyah M.
Wow!
05:59 PM - Apr 17, 2024
Susan McBride
A
In response to Nyah M.
This is frightening! We need to kick all the Gross Ol' Perverts out of office, so we can protect our children. Heck, so we can protect everyone who isn't a white Republican male. (And, yes, I realize saying "white Republican" is redundant.)
05:55 PM - Apr 17, 2024
Nyah M
A
In response to Susan McBride.
Yes. Thankfully the Arizona AG said she would not enforce the law, but, the Republican majority state legislature has already refused twice to repeal the law.

🤷🏼
06:20 PM - Apr 17, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}