Kachinadoll
A
thread 1/2
During a packed Oconee County Republican gathering, Suzannah Heimel addressed the elephant in the room. She’s a proud conservative, she told them, yet she’s set to be the Democratic nominee for a County Commission seat in solidly GOP territory.

“Why am I running as a Democrat?
01:24 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Kachinadoll
A
thread 2/2
” she asked after acknowledging the rumors of her partisan allegiance were true. “I am running as a Democrat because I don’t identify as a Republican right now #dontbelievethetype
01:24 PM - Apr 18, 2024
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
In response to Kachinadoll.
They only know how to cheat. Can't do anything, accomplish anything without cheating. God help us all. 🤦🏽‍♀
05:37 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
So does this mean that, if she's elected, she'll suddenly 'rediscover' her GOP identity?
Democracy doesn't need any more Trojan Horse candidates.
01:29 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Susan McBride
A
In response to Diana Tyler.
Nope, we don't need them anywhere near political office. Why don't they just stay home if they can't run as a member of their own party?
04:58 PM - Apr 18, 2024

Only followers of this user (knitquiltsewst1) can see their posts

Ground Control
A
In response to Liz N Is Tired of the Nonsense.
That's what the smarter ones are doing, for sure. They need to weeded out.
02:41 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Scrabbled
A
In response to Liz N Is Tired of the Nonsense.
Before you Vote Blue please do your due diligence to be sure you're voting for a True Blue Democrat.
07:44 PM - Apr 18, 2024
RA
A
Right now? 😒
01:27 PM - Apr 18, 2024
shadeygreyskies
A
In response to RA.
_Right now_ they don't "identify as Republican," but suspect that will change the second the election results are verified.

They'll probably wait to announce it until an important vote and then pull a prodigal son act and go back to their GOP home.
04:14 PM - Apr 18, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}