Rosetta
A
thread 1/1
Arizona just became the 8th state to pass legislation nicknamed “Grandpa in the Garden Law” It allows for an alternative burial option in lieu of traditional burial or cremation. The process is called human composting or natural organic reduction. Details in article attached. What are your thoughts?
07:57 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Diogenes Wept
A
I absolutely love this for so many reasons:
1.) Funerary services are predatory
2.) Embalming chemicals are toxic
3.) Cemeteries take up so much space and burial plots are way overpriced
4.) Bodies can nourish the earth instead of being filled with toxic chemicals and crammed into an expensive box.
In response to Rosetta.
08:44 PM - Apr 18, 2024
shadeygreyskies
A
In response to Diogenes Wept.
Agreed.

Although I happen to like wandering around cemeteries, I want to be a tree. Imagine the forests we'd make!
09:30 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Diogenes Wept
A
In response to shadeygreyskies.
Yes, I agree - some cemeteries can be lovely and peaceful. And I would so very much like to be a tree as well! How funny! I have already picked mine out - I would like to be an indigenous variety of oak, depending on wherever I wind up dead.
09:33 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Rosetta
A
In response to shadeygreyskies.
There is a process whereby they place your body in a biodegradable pod. They then plant a tree on top of the pod. The decomposing body nourishes the tree as it grows. You actually become a life force for the tree. I love this idea.
09:46 PM - Apr 18, 2024
Rosetta
A
In response to Diogenes Wept.
I agree on all the points you made. I’m going to look more into it as an option for me.
08:58 PM - Apr 18, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}