Liz Adams
A
This baffles me about people getting all upset about "sending our $$ to Ukraine". We aren't. We're funding the manufacturing sector, supporting American jobs. It's a great economic move as well as an obligation to support a proxy war. Finally some gop have grasped that $$ is better than our troops.
Professor Kyle @blackcatprose
Even fighting for democracy in Ukraine is a stimulus bill, as most of the money's gong to American weapons manufacturers. Bidenomics works.
09:19 PM - Apr 19, 2024
10:13 AM - Apr 20, 2024
Sabine
A
In response to Liz Adams.
I think the term "proxy war" doesn´t quite fit in this context. Ukraine is not fighting as a stand-in for a superpower, but fights on its own behalf.
10:30 AM - Apr 20, 2024
T. Naught
A
hard to sort the “but our america tax money!!1!” carping crowd into those not informed enough to connect these dots, vs those deliberately pushing a distorted rhetorical frame.

in any case, i hope we finally get the brave ukrainians what they need, what we all need.
10:26 AM - Apr 20, 2024
Jim Plunkett
A
Yup, we are literally sending our outdated inventory, some so outdated it's slated for destruction, and PAYING US WORKERS to build NEW stuff for our military.

Meanwhile, Ukranians are putting themselves in harm's way and using that old inventory to decimate the Russian military

Win-win
10:20 AM - Apr 20, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}