Heidi Hafeken
A
Reminder: Term limits would've kept Joseph Robinette Biden from gaining the experience and knowledge he has been using to fix the gooey, sticky pile of shit on aisle 45 and left us with the only people knowing how things work as unelected civil servants on a salary.
10:05 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Laura Belknap
A
In response to Heidi Hafeken.
Rather than term limits, we need to overturn Citizens United.
11:09 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Jean Lake
B
In response to Laura Belknap.
I vote for both
11:12 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Heidi Hafeken
A
In response to Laura Belknap.
I vote we throw the mastermind behind Citizens United into an active geyer or volcano as a sacrifce/
11:21 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Blanche Davidian
A
That's very true.....on the other hand you get Grassley
10:21 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Heidi Hafeken
A
In response to Blanche Davidian.
Not sure there's much that would prevent him from being an annoyance no matter where he was. But there are many rules that could/should be applied that would clear them out. I'd apply those to prevent the revolving door between the private sector and the agencies that govern them, too.
10:24 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Michael J Sheridan
A
Ask anyone who lives in a state with legislative and gubernatorial term limits how totally captured by lobbyists their state government can get, particularly if the GOP is nominally in charge.
10:11 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Heidi Hafeken
A
In response to Michael J Sheridan.
NJ has a hybrid. The Governor is limited to 2 terms. Neither legislative bodyis. It works pretty well. We did away with the silliness of having the Senate President as acting governor and now have a Lt. Governor. The system works well.
10:33 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Dan Henry
A
Exactly.

I think that robust campaign finance reform would solve most of the problems that cause people to clamor for term limits ... without any of the drawbacks.
10:11 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Yvette MT
A
Yes! & it would have prevented Pelosi & Schumer from saving democracy on J6.

In addition, right wingers are using term limits memes & pages to gain support for a constitutional convention. What do ppl think would happen if Republican states could unilaterally change our constitution right now?
10:07 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Heidi Hafeken
A
In response to Yvette MT.
Absolutely right. Sadly, there are Democrats who somehow think that leaving unelected people with all the knowledge is a good thing, too. Term limits used to be a libertarian thing.
10:10 PM - Apr 21, 2024
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
it also would have said us from Mitch "Call Me The Grim Reaper" McConnell
10:07 PM - Apr 21, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}