Donna Baske
A
Okay, maybe it’s me but, coming from Post the timelines here are very “vanilla” and seem staged. The news stories seem chosen, the timeline seems stagnant and predicated on how many likes an item got and are stuck atop the timeline. How do you find other people to follow?
04:22 PM - Apr 22, 2024
Jennifer Moore Baker
A
In response to Donna Baske.
My timeline got more interesting when I was following 1000 accounts, and I also learned to follow more active accounts. Then you curate, unfollowing those that aren’t interesting to you.
06:31 PM - Apr 22, 2024
Tracy I
A
If everything you’re looking at has 50 or more likes, you’re on the viral tab. You’ll need to build better timelines using the techniques others have suggested
05:53 PM - Apr 22, 2024
shadeygreyskies
A
'Explore.'
If you see a spout you like, check to see who else liked it* to help expand your following list.

Also, no algorithm here.
If you don't follow a lot of folx, you won't see a lot of updated spouts.

(*Click the 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner of the spout.)
05:43 PM - Apr 22, 2024
hal
A
If your feed is stagnant, make sure you're not in the "curated" or "viral" tabs.
05:32 PM - Apr 22, 2024
Li Milla4
A
In response to hal.
This was my first thought. It sounds as though the "viral" tab is exactly what she's describing. 🌝💙
05:36 PM - Apr 22, 2024
Bev Turner
A
BTW, I will share some political stories on my timeline but there is so much of it on my timeline, I'm one of those vanillas. Sorry. I keep very informed from my fellow pod members on current events for which I'm grateful.
05:12 PM - Apr 22, 2024
Bev Turner
A
You make your own algorithm here based on who you follow and what they echo. Also try the "news" feed here to see what you might find. Find someone who you enjoy and follow those who follow them. Just go to their account page, click on followers or following and a whole list will come up.
05:06 PM - Apr 22, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
I have no news in my feed because I don’t want it there. I do use vanilla in a lot of my posts, and the pictures are slightly staged, but I don’t do it for likes, I do it to torture people and make them drool on their phones and computers 😁
05:05 PM - Apr 22, 2024 (Edited)
Maureen O
A
In response to Karl S the Typo King.
😆🤣 mission accomplished.
05:41 PM - Apr 22, 2024
Democracy!Equality! Equity!Compassion!
A
The more people you follow, the more and different topics you will see. There is no algorithm to choose for you, you need to do that for yourself.
05:04 PM - Apr 22, 2024
MrG Still not clever
A
You can also pick a random word on the word cloud. That will mix things up for ya.
05:01 PM - Apr 22, 2024
Woke/Saying NO to polls
A
1. The news stories are chosen, by you. Under setting, you can check which publications you wish to have.
2. You curate your own timeline, you should follow the Spouters whose viewpoints you share.
04:54 PM - Apr 22, 2024
RA
A
The following tab on your timeline shows friend posts chronologically. It doesn't use an algorithm. Same with the explore tab, but that shows all posts chronologically. If your curated tab seems stagnant, try following more people.
04:34 PM - Apr 22, 2024 (Edited)
M
A
and some days the posts are just a little better and funnier and relatable than others for no good reason. 🤷‍♀️
04:33 PM - Apr 22, 2024
Ellen Leigh
A
Try doing a key word search of your interests to find interesting people to follow, the more you follow, the more diverse your timeline will be. There is no algorithm here. Splashbacks and respouts are the only spouts that return based on likes or respouts. Those can be turned off.
04:32 PM - Apr 22, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
This is the first social media platform I've used since leaving Facebook in 2014. The best I can offer is you may need to start the conversation you want to have. What did you engage with or find value with on Post? I use Explore for people, Trending for hashtags also. I need to use hashtags more.
04:30 PM - Apr 22, 2024
M
A
the explore tab (compass icon) shows all spouts chronologically, including replies. it’s good to check it at different times — daytime seems more political/newsy, nights are more personal and/or random. your personal timeline might feel stuck if you don’t follow many people.
04:27 PM - Apr 22, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}