Sneaky Burrito
A
I don't drink so the only #liquor in my house is this Everclear I use for dye extraction.
#SpoutibleScavengerHunt
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker @ImNobodyToo
Happy Tuesday!

Let's be bad today. Today's #SpoutibleScavengerHunt is #liquor .

Here's mine. Yes I need to dust. Perhaps I will need to find that pool noodle as again. 😂
09:05 AM - Apr 23, 2024
10:08 AM - Apr 23, 2024
Pamela NRed
A
In response to Sneaky Burrito.
I ended up with a large bottle during lockdown when we couldn’t get isopropyl alcohol.
10:15 AM - Apr 23, 2024
Sneaky Burrito
A
In response to Pamela NRed.
I used most of the Everclear I have and decided to try with isopropanol in the future because a gallon of isopropanol is a lot less expensive than 3.5 L of Everclear. I didn't start this hobby until after lockdown was basically over though.
10:25 AM - Apr 23, 2024
Pamela NRed
A
I’ve gotten into dying fabrics a bit and I’m still learning.
10:34 AM - Apr 23, 2024
Sneaky Burrito
A
In response to Pamela NRed.
I've been into it for 2-3 years now. All kinds of dye. Haven't done much with fiber reactive dyes yet, just some test samples and embroidery thread, but have done a lot of acid dyeing of protein fibers and a fair amount of natural dyeing (lots of indigo but other things as well). I really like it.
10:38 AM - Apr 23, 2024
Sneaky Burrito
A
I have a PhD in chemistry but a desk job and I think it satisfies that little desire of mine to play around with lab equipment.
10:39 AM - Apr 23, 2024
Pamela NRed
A
I mostly dye linen and cotton fabrics. I’ve been watching a YouTube channel that uses natural materials like rust and onion skins. I haven’t tried any of those things yet.
10:43 AM - Apr 23, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}