April Sparkles
A
I was thinking about how easy it is to become mired in stress and anxiety over what we see and hear around us.

When I feel overwhelmed I always ask if what I'm concerned about will matter in time increments.

Will it affect me in a day, a week, a month, a year, five years...

Do you do this? 💛
01:38 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé
A
In response to April Sparkles.
I think it's one of the things I use to regulate my responses, but it's not a conscious or necessarily steady regimen. But it is a GOOD one - I shall have to keep it more clearly in mind. :) So thank you!!
03:08 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Lisse (she/her)
A
I meditate, do affirmations and journal a lot. Only child thing from childhood. Worrying doesn’t change the outcome. Whether I stress out or not, only hurts me in the end. Emotionally, mentally, spiritually and eventually physically.
02:47 PM - Apr 26, 2024
2PupsMommy
A
I remind myself that most of the things I've worried over in my life either didn't happen, or I was able to course correct it. I remind myself that worrying is borrowing unearned grief from the future. But sometimes I just eat chocolate & say "Fuck it."
01:47 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Kinzie Mat
A
All the time!
I also use the hypothetical when I’m having trouble (&, thus, spending way too much time agonizing over) making a decision. Not anything huge, of course, but if it’s something fairly inconsequential, I remind myself “will this matter____” & it always helps!👍
01:43 PM - Apr 26, 2024
April Sparkles
A
In response to Kinzie Mat.
It really does! My kids laugh when they tell me how my asking them if they could die from what was causing them stress made them understand not every worry was big enough to affect them. 💛
01:51 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Haruka (CLOSED)
A
I have, usually using the ‘in a year’ reference.
01:40 PM - Apr 26, 2024
April Sparkles
A
In response to Haruka (CLOSED).
It helps weed out the unnecessary doesn't it?
01:41 PM - Apr 26, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}