Scarab Rose
A
Here's the thing. It's going to be very difficult to trust the information disseminated because
1. they haven't adequately accumulated information
2. they won't want to create a panic. We are talking about the cattle, chicken, and dairy industries - beef, chicken, dairy!
Scarab Rose @ScarabRose
One in Five!!!!! We certainly don't have adequate surveillance and preparedness.
Gifted article.
01:18 AM - Apr 26, 2024
01:28 AM - Apr 26, 2024
Linda Eisenstein
A
In response to Scarab Rose.
My friend Nina's brither-in-law, who has studied bird flu for over a decade, says:
- only drink ultrapasteurized milk or milk substitutes
- no runny egg dishes
This shit is serious.
01:36 AM - Apr 26, 2024
Scarab Rose
A
In response to Linda Eisenstein.
I use milk substitutes. Any thoughts about chicken, beef, eggs, pasteurized egg whites? And any thoughts about our pet food?
01:41 AM - Apr 26, 2024 (Edited)
Linda Eisenstein
A
He also said don't eat undercooked beef right now, either. There's too much of it in the US.
04:57 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Scarab Rose
A
In response to Linda Eisenstein.
It sounds like he's thinking that we should avoid undercooked or unpasteurized animal products but that it's ok if they are well cooked and /or (ultra) pasteurized. It's nice to have someone knowledgeable. If you don't mind, keep me posted if he has any updates or new thoughts. Thanks for the info!
06:06 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Linda Eisenstein
A
Yes. Regular pasteurization isn't hot enough to kill the strain. Thorough cooking of anything cow-adjacent. Slow cooked pot roast, not rare steak.
06:08 PM - Apr 26, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}