jenn ○f many things
A
thread 1/2
Does anyone else feel a strong pull to be in a forest? Every time I pass one, I feel it pulling at me. Especially if a creek or river is near. Now, I just have to get over my fear of the many predators in Alaskan forests and go for it. I see people jogging with earbuds & no bear spray all the time.
04:24 PM - Apr 26, 2024
jenn ○f many things
A
thread 2/2
I think they are crazy. They are running, which sets off a predators hunting instinct, they can't hear a predator coming, and they have no defense! And yet, people do it every day here... and none of them get mauled. I think I would be much safer than them. And far less nuts.
04:24 PM - Apr 26, 2024
jenn ○f many things
A
I remember the film about that couple! Crazy stuff.
Brown bears are real hard to spot. They usually only attack when a cub or fresh kill is nearby. Black bears, same, but black bears are more curious and fearless around people. Well, the grown males are. I've seen 12 black bears in 3 years.
In response to Jim Plunkett.
02:24 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Jim Plunkett
A
In response to jenn ○f many things.
Yes, I've seen probably about a dozen+ black bears in VT, NH and Maine, but just short glimpses while driving. Not even out deep in the woods on Mtn Bikes, possibly b/c bikes are noisy enough to alert them and they aren't that interested in human contact.
07:32 PM - Apr 27, 2024
Jim Plunkett
A
In response to Jim Plunkett.
Have you seen them hiking and out and about, or just in a vehicle?
07:34 PM - Apr 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}