David James
A
This is Seymour, half Great Dane and half something else, a rescue who came up from North Carolina to the safety of Canada. I couldn’t get the rest of me in because as you can see, I was pinned down by Seymour, all 110lbs of him.
Nick @Limey
Post a picture with your dog that doesn’t involve shooting them and throwing them in a gravel pit. #DogsOfSpoutible

(Ftr this is Nova at 14 mnths. Boisterous, stubborn, the combined energy of all 5 of her breeds. A real handful, that we love dearly & wouldn't shoot b/c we're not sociopaths.)
09:27 AM - Apr 27, 2024
10:04 AM - Apr 27, 2024
M Kaz
A
In response to David James.
We rescued Nina almost four years ago when she was 14 months old. She was such a handful for the first few weeks that I broke down in tears one day thinking we might have to do something drastic . . . like return her to the rescue org, not blow her head off.
10:33 AM - Apr 27, 2024
David James
A
In response to M Kaz.
You have to take into consideration the changes that the dog has gone through and the stress. Seymour has been responsible for several destroyed cushions, chewed baseboard, chewed deck railing, and a couple of accidents indoors. But once he realized that this was home, everything settled down.
10:45 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Nick
A
In response to David James.
Nova is our 65lb toddler. German Shepherd-Border Collie-Husky-Malamute-Pomeranian (good work that Pomeranian!). We got her at 8 months as a private re-home rather than true rescue. That's the thing - so many things you can do with a dog you can't handle that aren't shooting it 😡
10:13 AM - Apr 27, 2024
David James
A
In response to Nick.
I also have a Pomeranian, rescued from a local person who couldn’t keep him, both the dogs get on fine. Pomeranians are very wilful and determined little buggers.
10:48 AM - Apr 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}