Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
I love the meaning behind this, totally get it. But the "trailer park, meth head sister-fucker" trope is tired as hell. A lot of those folks, though they gripe, don't vote. So if you want folks to find a middle ground, maybe address them better. Not their complaints or acts, just them.
Jim Plunkett @JimP32
Excellent little screed at the MAGA chuckle fucks
12:10 PM - Apr 30, 2024
01:01 PM - Apr 30, 2024
Jim Plunkett
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
Lotsa good points there

Key is voting. The Rt-Wing/GOP operation to implement minority rule has been for at least 28 years (when I directly encountered it) on actively herding these types of voters into an effective block

While they ordinarily may not vote or vote randomly (so cancel out), the RW
04:13 PM - Apr 30, 2024
Jim Plunkett
A
In response to Jim Plunkett.
media & political ops have intentionally herded this block

Specifically, the block who are *intentionally* uneducated and racist are rage-farmed, motivated, and the playing field tilted by capturing local & state offices

So, I see them as a real threat & also unlikely to find middle ground
04:16 PM - Apr 30, 2024 (Edited)
Jim Plunkett
A
And yes, there's a contradiction in the initial callout of incestuous trailer park meth-heads vs finding middle ground

It'd be good to focus on actions, not tropes

Which leads to, how is it different saying "not all trailer park residents are incestuous meth-heads" vs "not all men are predators"?
04:40 PM - Apr 30, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
Do you seriously not understand the difference?

Or is it just this hard for you to admit that post didn't have a lot of ideas, but a lot of bigotry and misogyny while making a joke of the harm and brutality of incest?

Because I think you understand the difference, Jim.
06:20 PM - Apr 30, 2024
Jim Plunkett
A
In response to Isa-Lee Wolf.
Obviously, there are differences

It just seemed worth noting the often overlooked similarities, considering the recurring "not all" discussion

It's an example where if we can get away from using group smears on one, it could apply generally, & focus on acts

But 300chars is short for much nuance?
06:35 PM - Apr 30, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
It's not that there are differences, they are polar opposites.

One is someone in a position of power claiming not all in that position of power are the same.

The other is dispelling a stereotype and a minimizing of incest.

I can't believe you don't understand it.
06:39 PM - Apr 30, 2024
Jim Plunkett
A
Yes, thx for discussing. We've got about four different overlapping issues juxtaposed; can't even smash one into a single post

1) "punching down"

2) "Not All" being (ab)used as defense of privilege
11:03 AM - May 01, 2024
Jim Plunkett
A
3) can some groups say "All X are Y" and it will heard as exact/literal/logical, while other groups can say "All A are B" and expect it to be interpreted as vague

4) can the idea Acey pointed out about focusing on acts vs groups help?

Happy to explore ideas open, private, or not, aas you prefer
11:05 AM - May 01, 2024
Isa-Lee Wolf
A
What I said in my post will suffice.

I'm not discussing this further, there's no room for debate and I still haven't seen any remorse for treating incest like a joke.

Ignoring that you found that a worthwhile point and haven't acknowledged it doesn't make it go away.
11:09 AM - May 01, 2024
Jim Plunkett
A
I'm sorry, I didn't realize the reference to the crime of incest was coming off as a joke; that was not my intent, but I learned something here, so thank you for taking the time
12:02 PM - May 01, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}