Larry with an i
A
That ginger mead turned out great. The brewing time was just 24 hours before bottling and chilling so it remained sweet and low alcohol. But ginger gave it a nice punch. Will definitely do this again, with higher alcohol content and more fizz.
Larry with an i @Bikerlarry
Making mead for May 1st which is the workers' day here. Spiced the other batch with ginger.
07:41 AM - Apr 25, 2024
03:38 PM - May 01, 2024
Max Prophet
A
In response to Larry with an i.
Would love to see the recipe for that. 😁
03:46 PM - May 01, 2024
Larry with an i
A
Oh the mead was made of concentrate, but usually we make it by pouring boiling water over lemon slices and sugar in a bucket, adding yeast when it's cooled to hand warm and letting it brew overnight.

I added chopped ginger to the concentrate, and dark syrup for sugar. Removed ginger when bottling.
In response to Max Prophet.
03:56 PM - May 01, 2024
Larry with an i
A
Most of the trad brewing is done with normal baking yeast or dry yeast. I've felt that's good enough for me.
04:05 PM - May 01, 2024
Larry with an i
A
Let it brew longer for a drier end product with more alcohol. In this scenario you will need a brewing container with an airlock instead of a bucket.

Not chilling it right after bottling will produce more fizz.
04:00 PM - May 01, 2024
Max Prophet
A
When I was in college I read a book called home brewing for dummies. Got me interested in the hobby, although I never actually followed through on it. Now I'm thinking maybe I'll try my hand at being a farmers market. Bootlegger. There are a lot of those around where I am at. Farmers markets.
04:08 PM - May 01, 2024 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}