Larry with an i
A
That ginger mead turned out great. The brewing time was just 24 hours before bottling and chilling so it remained sweet and low alcohol. But ginger gave it a nice punch. Will definitely do this again, with higher alcohol content and more fizz.
Larry with an i @Bikerlarry
Making mead for May 1st which is the workers' day here. Spiced the other batch with ginger.
07:41 AM - Apr 25, 2024
03:38 PM - May 01, 2024
Max Prophet
A
In response to Larry with an i.
Would love to see the recipe for that. 😁
03:46 PM - May 01, 2024
Larry with an i
A
In response to Max Prophet.
Oh the mead was made of concentrate, but usually we make it by pouring boiling water over lemon slices and sugar in a bucket, adding yeast when it's cooled to hand warm and letting it brew overnight.

I added chopped ginger to the concentrate, and dark syrup for sugar. Removed ginger when bottling.
03:56 PM - May 01, 2024
Larry with an i
A
Let it brew longer for a drier end product with more alcohol. In this scenario you will need a brewing container with an airlock instead of a bucket.

Not chilling it right after bottling will produce more fizz.
04:00 PM - May 01, 2024
Max Prophet
A
When I was in college I read a book called home brewing for dummies. Got me interested in the hobby, although I never actually followed through on it. Now I'm thinking maybe I'll try my hand at being a farmers market. Bootlegger. There are a lot of those around where I am at. Farmers markets.
04:08 PM - May 01, 2024 (Edited)
Larry with an i
A
In response to Max Prophet.
Small batch home brewing is fun. If you fuck up, you don't have gallons and gallons of useless product and you haven't wasted much money and time.

Some people skip malt and hops altogether and just brew sugar and yeast into alcohol and you can't go much cheaper than that. 😂
04:13 PM - May 01, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}