Thurgood Du Bois
A
Looking at these protests break out over what's happening in #Gaza , if people in 🇺🇸 had this same energy over the last 4 years?

We'd possibly have:

1. The John Lewis Voting Rights Act

2. Freedom to Vote Act

3. The George Floyd Act

4. Miranda and Roe
#Spoutible
11:02 PM - May 01, 2024 (Edited)
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Thurgood Du Bois.
I doubt we would, honestly. I's not like the Gaza protests have won major policy changes, at least not yet. The Black Lives Matter protests in 2020 seem to have had little lasting effect.

The only protests with long-term success lately seem to be the Covidiots, because this is a vile timeline.
06:29 AM - May 03, 2024
Ronald Alexander
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
IMO the only effect these mass protests have is the doubling down by the authoritarians of the right to chill peaceful assembly. From run the bastards over law to no right to assemble and sometimes Democrats fashion the noose for them in the name of bipartisanship.
06:34 AM - May 03, 2024
Penelope Lowder
A
I agree with you whole heartedly. I can’t believe some of these American protesters are fighting like heck for Palestinians but won’t use that same energy (May sit out the election) for millions of people in danger of losing their civil and voting rights here in the United States.
10:57 PM - May 02, 2024 (Edited)
Reginald Capers
A
Many of those college students were in high school when these bills were in the house and Senate.

However it goes to show you that the people protesting don't think those bills effect them and they don't care about who they think it does effect.
08:42 AM - May 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}