Lil
A
Just saw a spout about women "past child-bearing age" not caring about abortion rights.

What
The
Fuck?!?

The Hyde Amendment pissed me off. Every erosion has pissed me off.

The Dobbs decision and its aftermath have me livid.

I'm not alone.
02:13 PM - May 02, 2024
Diana Tyler
A
In response to Lil.
Only extremely selfish people don't care about the rights of others. We (the aged, the mature, the post-menopausal, the "crones", the "MINLF"s, etc.) are FIGHTING FOR THE RIGHTS OF *ALL* WOMEN!!

P.S. I also vote FOR local school levies, regardless of whether or not children live in my home.
02:15 PM - May 03, 2024
MudDauber
A
In response to Lil.
Women past child bearing age don't care about a women's right to her own body? I care because I have a granddaughter, nieces & I care about women's rights. Saying women like me don't care about abortion rights is a slap in the face and that person needs to sit the eff down. Roevember is coming!
02:15 PM - May 03, 2024
Bev Turner
A
In response to Lil.
Ya know, I hated the Hyde Amendment also. I thought it was a compromise between the two sides, although I had issues where it would impact the least among us. Now, I'm like fuck it all to hell and back. Women of all socioeconomic backgrounds need abortion services.
02:03 PM - May 03, 2024
Lil
A
In response to Bev Turner.
Hyde is another weapon in the right's war on the poor. A vulnerable target, so they took full advantage.
02:10 PM - May 03, 2024
S Mmay
A
In response to Lil.
Women before us made it possible in our lifetimes. And we gladly take up the mantle for those yet to come.
01:17 PM - May 03, 2024
2PupsMommy
A
In response to Lil.
I had a hysterectomy in my 40's. I was talking w/my husband about it & how I could just say "doesn't effect me" & walk away. He said, "Yeah, but you care about people & you could never just walk when others are suffering. Even if it causes you heartache." And he's right. BUT, we also can't walk ->
11:56 AM - May 03, 2024
2PupsMommy
A
In response to 2PupsMommy.
-> because it won't stop there. They'll go after contraception, no fault divorce, a woman's ability to hold credit/bank account alone, apply for a business license & 1,000 other things that not stopping them NOW will embolden them to try. We must draw the line here to stop even more suffering later.
12:00 PM - May 03, 2024
Katrina McGinnis
A
In response to Lil.
Totally wrong. We are engaged in the argument as well. My DIL just had to have a D&C because of a molar pregnancy. The first words out of her mouth after her despair that this happened at all were “at least we live in CA so I don’t have to deal w the restrictions in other states”.
11:54 AM - May 03, 2024
Lil
A
In response to Katrina McGinnis.
I'm so glad she got the health care she needed.

We're fired up to make that the case for every pregnant patient in every state.
01:42 PM - May 03, 2024
In response to Lil.

@Lil deleted this reply.

11:34 AM - May 03, 2024
Sue Smith
A
In response to Lil.
We have daughters and granddaughters, daughters-in-law, friends and co-workers that are directly impacted.
11:15 AM - May 03, 2024
Lil
A
In response to Sue Smith.
And many of us care about women we don't know, as well.
01:46 PM - May 03, 2024
dinosaur_tendencies
A
In response to Lil.
Some of us have been in the fight from the beginning. This kind of ageist BS... well, just more division we so desperately need, right?
10:16 AM - May 03, 2024
Penelope Trudeau
A
In response to Lil.
I’m female and 76. I have a wide range of friends who are over 55. THERE IS NOT ONE of them who doesn’t care about what is happening with reproductive freedom in this country. We are the ones who fought for rights which have been taken away or are threatened. We are still fighting.
10:16 AM - May 03, 2024
Laurie Capece
A
In response to Lil.
Amen! We care for our daughters, our granddaughters, our great granddaughters ✊️. If women can't have control of their very own bodies, we've lost everything. We will fight!
09:55 AM - May 03, 2024
Lil
A
In response to Laurie Capece.
And for the freedom for all!
01:49 PM - May 03, 2024
Amy Brooks
A
In response to Lil.
Yeah. That’s a terrible take.
09:45 AM - May 03, 2024
Bren
A
In response to Lil.
I read this somewhere
"Hope is planting a tree you won't live to see" or something like that. I feel the rights of our children and their children are the trees we plant
09:42 AM - May 03, 2024
Carol Glynn
B
In response to Lil.
I don't agree. I'm past it & they pissed me off too. Reproductive Freedom FOR ALL! GO BIDEN/HARRIS 2024! Codify ERA & Repro freedom for all!
09:28 AM - May 03, 2024
Martha Alikacem
A
In response to Lil.
Of course I care!
I am not a self centered person in any sense of the word
I care about the hellscape of rights erosions for my own daughter as well as every single woman -period!
09:04 AM - May 03, 2024
Fiona Bski
A
In response to Lil.
Right?! As if women "past child-bearing age" wouldn't care about other women?! As if they don't have children of their own already, grandchildren, family members, friends, etc. wtf
07:59 AM - May 03, 2024
Cindy Crum
A
In response to Lil.
Horseshit.
06:17 AM - May 03, 2024
Dr K
A
In response to Lil.
Exactly. And I don’t want us to go back to Roe because it was a compromise. Women must have full self-determination. No forced pregnancy or childbirth.
03:50 AM - May 03, 2024
Indivisible
A
In response to Lil.
You are broadcasting the maga agenda
02:22 AM - May 03, 2024
Cathy Leder
A
In response to Lil.
You are not alone; I absolutely care! I am past child bearing age and have been an activist for my entire adult life. I care about the lives of future generations. I have children and young grandchildren and want them to live and grow up with freedoms to choose whatever they want. 💚
02:20 AM - May 03, 2024
Kevin Hilbiber
A
In response to Lil.
You're not. This strange bedfellow as history speaks of in musty volumes; I was always petrified of perpetrating what happened to me, on an unsuspecting soul via pleasure.

Many women had children; a few managed not to have to by birth control. Once a Mother, once converted. Almost like Religion. :(
02:02 AM - May 03, 2024
Meg Smythe
A
In response to Kevin Hilbiber.
You don’t have to be able to bear a child to have a Mother’s love, a Mother’s heart, or a Mother’s fierce passion to ensure that all daughters have absolute control over when & if they bear a child.

Freedom of bodily autonomy is the #1 issue I would be willing to risk my own freedom to defend.
02:24 PM - May 03, 2024
nina collaro
A
In response to Lil.
I don’t understand how any woman would not support a woman’s right to choose.🤦🏻😢
01:45 AM - May 03, 2024
2PupsMommy
A
In response to nina collaro.
Religious indoctrination, especially from a yoing age. Intimate partner violence/ coercion/ control. It's sucks, but it happens.
12:19 PM - May 03, 2024
Owl Pacino
A
In response to Lil.
People who say such things don't know what it's like to care for others.
01:21 AM - May 03, 2024
Jacqueline Wallace
A
In response to Lil.
You are not alone. It’s an affront to simply being a woman, of whatever age. Additionally, I have grands who are in their childbearing ages, if they want to!!
12:38 AM - May 03, 2024
IMO
A
In response to Jacqueline Wallace.
Also it’s clear they won’t stop if they get their way.
They can take so much more from us.
12:43 AM - May 03, 2024
Kevin Hilbiber
A
In response to Jacqueline Wallace.
I am a different demographic yet today in this infected culture, who would want to introduce more innocents to the machine?

Not me.
02:17 AM - May 03, 2024

Only followers of this user (Tokismom73) can see their posts

Kevin Hilbiber
A
In response to Aspie Allie.
My sister had one when I was just out of high school. Now I know why.

Again- https://www.youtube.com/wa...

Literally.
Joe Cocker – First We Take Manhattan (HQ Audio) - YouTube

Artist: Joe CockerAlbum: No Ordinary World (US version)Release date: August 22, 2000Label: Eagle RecordsThe song is written by Leonard Cohen.My purpose is on...

02:05 AM - May 03, 2024
Milla Mélomane
A
In response to Lil.
Um, what about all the people who CAN still get pregnant that we know and love? Their lack of empathy is their personal malfunction, not ours.
08:45 PM - May 02, 2024
Lil
A
In response to Milla Mélomane.
Presumably the spouter thinks those people may vote for abortion rights and democrats? In their very defeatist (and inaccurate) view, Florida is lost to the GOP because the state has large numbers of older women who don't care about reproductive rights because they're not fertile.
08:55 PM - May 02, 2024
Kevin Hilbiber
A
In response to Milla Mélomane.
Arm them. I wish I had better but I was a man growing up, not a bear.
02:06 AM - May 03, 2024
Kathryn
A
In response to Lil.
No, you are not alone
08:44 PM - May 02, 2024
Missy McMurray
A
In response to Lil.
I’m way past it and I definitely care.
07:02 PM - May 02, 2024
Kevin Hilbiber
A
In response to Missy McMurray.
Bless you though you as I are disturbed by empathy.
02:15 AM - May 03, 2024
Really Doihaveto
A
In response to Lil.
Do they know who fought for Roe in the first place?
06:54 PM - May 02, 2024
Lil
A
In response to Really Doihaveto.
Makes ya wonder, eh?

It seems that person thinks women only fought for abortion rights for selfish reasons. Hard to explain the women who fought for it who were already over 50 in the late 1960s 🤔
06:59 PM - May 02, 2024
Don Rowe
A
In response to Lil.
Having been very involved in the MO ballot initiative to end the state ban, I can say 💯 that women past childbearing age care, maybe even more.
06:46 PM - May 02, 2024
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}