Anthony Lee
A
thread 1/6
Countdown to My Debut Novel Release

21 days and counting...

Doctor Lucifer by Anthony Lee will be available for sale on the websites of Amazon and Barnes & Noble starting May 24, 2024. You can preorder the ebook now.

Read this thread for today's fun facts about the book. 🙂
03:34 PM - May 03, 2024
Anthony Lee
A
thread 2/6
Character development is a very important element in any kind of fiction. We don't want unrealistic oversimplified one-dimensional cardboard characters. We want characters with thoughts and feelings underlying their actions. The more complex, the better.
Anthony Lee
A
thread 3/6
Certain genres have enduring recognizable heroes featured in multiple books. For the book genre of medical thrillers, it's rather hard hard to identify memorable characters from such stories, especially as many stories are more plot-based. I think the genre seriously needs memorable protagonists.
Anthony Lee
A
thread 4/6
When I wrote my medical thriller novel Doctor Lucifer, I didn't just conceive an original plot. I also created an antihero doctor, Mark Lin, who is a mix of intellect and cynicism, someone who takes pride in his work but also despises the sad state of society. This lends itself to character study.
Anthony Lee
A
thread 5/6
A plot is meaningless if you don't show the audience the main character's thoughts and feelings that explain their actions in given situations, such as the nightmarish plot I laid out. I am excited about my book not just because of the plot but also because of the complex main character.
Anthony Lee
A
thread 6/6
I hope to contribute to the genre of medical thriller novels by adding a layer of character development and exploration not seen in the genre before. If early reviews of my book so far are any indication, the book's main character is likely to resonate with readers in one way or another. 🙂
Sonia Santana
A
In response to Anthony Lee.
I learned today that the pod broadcast times are in the time zone of the pod host. We need to know the time zone before hand. Your 9PM EDT was 8 for me in central. I missed most of your Star War's pod. I noted this for your book release so that I know your 9pm is 8 pm for me.
10:28 PM - May 03, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}