The Reluctant Townie
A
GM all!

Did anyone ever work for a corporation, employee or contractor, that practiced Six Sigma? Did it take on a life of its own, where the only goal of the program became to maintain the program? Did many of your co-workers spend a lot of time talking about their participation and their 'belts'?
08:21 AM - May 04, 2024
T. Naught
A
In response to The Reluctant Townie.
i was … adjacent.
an early customer was a division of ge.
the “belts” came up a lot.
08:45 AM - May 04, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to T. Naught.
I would get called into the office of my client lead, thinking there was a major issue with the project, only to find out that he wanted positive strokes about his new belt, and I couldn't run away.

"A major achievement sir, no doubt. This does indeed bring great honor to your house and family."
08:49 AM - May 04, 2024
T. Naught
A
😂
the key is to make the koolaid *quantifiable*
09:26 AM - May 04, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
Many books, lectures and expensive consulting practices have ridden that wave. To success, and beyond! No job is too big, no fee is too big.
09:29 AM - May 04, 2024
T. Naught
A
right??
it’s stupefying how some basic insights & methodology about statistical process control can be leveraged into such a colossal gravy train.
the invisible hand of the market sure wanks in mysterious ways.
10:30 AM - May 04, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
Oddly, I think it's one of the aspects of American business culture that can survive the coming AI wave. Both entail more hokum than actual results, to me, and could find a rather symbiotic relationship with one another.
10:32 AM - May 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}