Janell The Wallflower
A
First meal in the new pans. Pork chops, mashed taters and green beans. 😋
09:02 PM - May 04, 2024 (Edited)
Melinda Nowikowski
A
In response to Janell The Wallflower.
We have a decade-old (at least) set of Lodge cast iron, I love it. It's practically non-stick, once you get it good and seasoned - I do cornbread in the 10" pan, as well as Dutch baby.
09:14 PM - May 04, 2024
Janell The Wallflower
A
In response to Melinda Nowikowski.
♥️ Found these Lodge cast iron at Home Goods. My husband is very very happy. The rosemary butter on the pork chops tonight were just chefs kiss.
09:20 PM - May 04, 2024
Melinda Nowikowski
A
In response to Janell The Wallflower.
We love rosemary with pork around here. Bought our Lodge pieces on Amazon at least 10 years ago, I have a 12, a 10, and a Dutch oven I use mostly for baking bread boules. Most of the sauces I cook myself are acid-based, which ain't great for cast iron.
09:23 PM - May 04, 2024

Only followers of this user (BattleFuzz) can see their posts

Melinda Nowikowski
A
In response to BattleFuzz.
Bookmarked - thanks! We frequently use the slow-cooker, but sometimes I do it in the oven, and I use the cast iron Dutch oven for those things.
09:52 PM - May 04, 2024

Melinda Nowikowski
A
Have talked about buying banana leaves at some point, there were recipes from the gulf coast of Mexico and Costa Rica we had at the hotels we stayed in, over the years, that required them. We could probably roll tamales in them, too, though it's traditionally cornhusks.
10:00 PM - May 04, 2024

Melinda Nowikowski
A
Threw a link in my bookmark folder - Mr. N and I talked about a PR vacation not long before the hurricane blew the hell out of the place. I was there once, around 1990, as a day trip from a cruise my first husband got free for working at a contractor on a ship. Loved it, but haven't been back.
10:08 PM - May 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}