Annie Bee Good
A
Hubs is finishing up The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich & is struck by the uncanny similarities between Hitler & Trump. He's a pretty understated, composed guy so I was surprised at his agitation. It's like he's known Trump is awful, but now he realizes how truly dangerous he & his movement is.
12:38 PM - May 05, 2024
Henning Dekant
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
Growing up in Germany much of our history classes were dedicated to understanding how Nazi Germany came about. The parallels are indeed frightening.
12:51 PM - May 05, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Henning Dekant.
I think I was surprised by his level of emotion. He's pretty stoic & self contained. I read Third Reich years ago, but also Trump was on my radar back in the 80s. I was shocked when he won the nomination for the 2016 election. I couldn't believe so many people couldn't see what was so obvious to me.
01:27 PM - May 05, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
I thought Hubs understood my level of concern, and he found Trump & the policies his enablers and supporters espoused repulsive, cruel, & economically bad for working people, but the depth of the events and characterization illustrated in Third Reich was like an unveiling for him. He's DANGEROUS.
01:36 PM - May 05, 2024
Henning Dekant
A
Yes, it's astounding what danger this clownish man poses. I also followed him on and off since the eighties. Considered him a joke. Now even if prevented from a 2nd presidency he will have caused permanent damage by proving that American fascism can work and leaving a blueprint for others to follow.
01:58 PM - May 05, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Henning Dekant.
Well, it's not just him. It's the network around him making all of this possible. He's just so devoid of any mentally healthy human traits that he makes a useful figurehead.
02:32 PM - May 05, 2024
Henning Dekant
A
Indeed he assembled a nexus of fascism enablers. And this will endure even under the best of circumstances. American democrats have their work cut out for the foreseeable future (small "d" democrats - although almost a distinction without a difference these days).
03:04 PM - May 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}