Tanya Feke, MD
A
It's amazing how much of the #menopausal transition is glossed over in medical school. As a doctor going through this myself, I have the same questions as you. Medicine is so very behind on women's health. If anyone is interested, I can post things I learn along the way. #inthistogether
Timara (she/her) @timara
I went to the doctor recently and went through a series of "Is something wrong or am I just getting older?" questions. And I wish there were doctors to help us age like they'd tell us what to expect and help us transition. Does that already exist?
06:25 PM - May 06, 2024
06:44 PM - May 06, 2024
Nellie Pennington
A
Also, many symptoms are written off (for years) as "perimenopause," when they may have an entirely different cause.

The biggest surprise for me was that even after my periods stopped, I still "cycle" hormonally.
In response to Tanya Feke, MD.
07:46 PM - May 06, 2024 (Edited)
k Broquard
A
In response to Nellie Pennington.
Indeed
I think I mentioned to my dr and he said the hormone cycles should not be working that way. Ok
10:17 PM - May 06, 2024
Nellie Pennington
A
In response to k Broquard.
After all those years of direct experience and observation, I *know* when I'm a little bloated, a little more emotional, and my blood sugar's a little higher than normal - on a pretty consistent monthly cycle. But sure, tell me that's not hormones.
07:09 AM - May 07, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}