Tanya Feke, MD
A
It's amazing how much of the #menopausal transition is glossed over in medical school. As a doctor going through this myself, I have the same questions as you. Medicine is so very behind on women's health. If anyone is interested, I can post things I learn along the way. #inthistogether
Timara (she/her) @timara
I went to the doctor recently and went through a series of "Is something wrong or am I just getting older?" questions. And I wish there were doctors to help us age like they'd tell us what to expect and help us transition. Does that already exist?
06:25 PM - May 06, 2024
06:44 PM - May 06, 2024
Nellie Pennington
A
In response to Tanya Feke, MD.
Also, many symptoms are written off (for years) as "perimenopause," when they may have an entirely different cause.

The biggest surprise for me was that even after my periods stopped, I still "cycle" hormonally.
07:46 PM - May 06, 2024 (Edited)
k Broquard
A
In response to Nellie Pennington.
Indeed
I think I mentioned to my dr and he said the hormone cycles should not be working that way. Ok
10:17 PM - May 06, 2024
Nellie Pennington
A
After all those years of direct experience and observation, I *know* when I'm a little bloated, a little more emotional, and my blood sugar's a little higher than normal - on a pretty consistent monthly cycle. But sure, tell me that's not hormones.
In response to k Broquard.
07:09 AM - May 07, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}