Tanya Feke, MD
A
It's amazing how much of the #menopausal transition is glossed over in medical school. As a doctor going through this myself, I have the same questions as you. Medicine is so very behind on women's health. If anyone is interested, I can post things I learn along the way. #inthistogether
Timara (she/her) @timara
I went to the doctor recently and went through a series of "Is something wrong or am I just getting older?" questions. And I wish there were doctors to help us age like they'd tell us what to expect and help us transition. Does that already exist?
06:25 PM - May 06, 2024
06:44 PM - May 06, 2024
Darcy
A
In response to Tanya Feke, MD.
Yep. I'm also working my way through what feels like second puberty. 😂 After puberty and then pregnancy I didn't realize there would be another phase of my life where I'm asking, "wtf is happening to my body and is this normal?" I was much better prepared for puberty and pregnancy. This? Nada.
01:24 PM - May 07, 2024
Miss Lil' Bit Angie
A
I experienced a decade of hell because doctors wouldn't listen to me, and I'm a RN. Add the ADHD and I literally lost my mind. After putting me on every psychotropic known to man, I finally took stuff in my own hands. Finally in 2017 I was put on prempro. Everything but my ADHD symptoms disappeared.
10:20 AM - May 07, 2024
Cheryl
A
I’ve been looking for answers to simple questions like “Do sex hormones still cycle at low level after cessation of menses?” (My experience says yes). The literature is disappointing to say the least.
09:48 AM - May 07, 2024
Gloria H
A
Wisdom from a female doctor would benefit so many women. I was VERY lucky to have a doctor (male) who would talk to me about changes I was experiencing & what was to come. He was part of Women's Health Alliance in Dallas & retires at the end of the month. All women docs when he leaves.
09:27 AM - May 07, 2024
Cheryl Colan
A
Ooh, I just read this book. It’s a little dry with all the numbers and statistics but it is also amazing and I learned so much about humans in hat o didn’t know. It’s called A he Slow Moon Climbs: The Scoence, History, and Meaning of Menopause https://press.princeton.ed...
09:22 AM - May 07, 2024
Cheryl Colan
A
In response to Cheryl Colan.
“That I did not know” - please excuse my typo gibberish!
09:23 AM - May 07, 2024
Andrea Ball
A
Please include surgical menopause. I was given next to no information and I wanted only to not be in pain. Less drastic surgery may have been possible. And better treatment afterwards.
08:50 AM - May 07, 2024
Tanya Feke, MD
A
In response to Andrea Ball.
Agree this is extremely difficult. It's all at once. It's hard enough when there is a transition first.
06:19 PM - May 07, 2024
KLFDetroit
A
First of all, don't ever ask a man.How woman's body should feel. We have left doctoring up to men for far too long and there are great many women who trust them.
For me I need proof of trust first. I have a basic questioner
for doctors if they don't need it I move on.
07:25 AM - May 07, 2024
Stacy TeeGee
A
I was denied testing & subsequently help for menopausal symptoms because I was deemed “too young”.
I’ve been in full menopause for 4 years, I’m 50.
07:22 AM - May 07, 2024
Tanya Feke, MD
A
In response to Stacy TeeGee.
This the worst! Women need to be heard. I am sorry you went through so much without support.
06:20 PM - May 07, 2024
Vuyelwa Ncube
A
Yes please
03:43 AM - May 07, 2024
2PupsMommy
A
Definitely interested. I was born with only one ovary. No one knows why. I don't know what it means for menopause, but I think I had my first hot flash not too long ago & that super sucked. I want to learn more about HRT, too.
01:59 AM - May 07, 2024
Lipsticktraces
B
Yes, please post. I'm past it, but found everything completely confusing.
01:30 AM - May 07, 2024
Mary Becker
A
I have heard that President Biden wants to appoint people to look into this. I hope so.
11:37 PM - May 06, 2024 (Edited)
Tanya Feke, MD
A
In response to Mary Becker.
I haven't heard that. I will look into it.
06:22 PM - May 07, 2024
Cheryl Colan
A
Yeeeessssss please! I want to know it all. And I’ll share everything I’ve learned from my own experience. #Menopause #ChangeOfLife #LifeAfter #InThisTogether
11:30 PM - May 06, 2024
Laura VerMeulen
A
Perimenopause was alarming, uncomfortable, and long. I went through a bunch of tests to make sure it wasn't cancer. It was not. Actual menopause is just fine for me. Hot flashes weren't a huge deal for me, but I know they can be for many.
10:57 PM - May 06, 2024
Debbie Lu
A
Yes, please!
10:19 PM - May 06, 2024
Pam I
A
It was a horrible time in my life. I was told I had to have a TAH BSO. The Dr. was unable to get a biopsy to rule out C. So I had it done. Boy do I have stories, but I won't go there...on here.
10:06 PM - May 06, 2024
Kris Flory
A
I'd be interested
09:42 PM - May 06, 2024
Becky A.
A
Yes, please. Tell us what you learn.
09:27 PM - May 06, 2024
Jen The Muse
A
Yes please.
09:12 PM - May 06, 2024
Tracy I
A
Very interested.
09:10 PM - May 06, 2024
Beth Dee
A
Yes, please. Just followed you. Thanks for offering to share.
08:38 PM - May 06, 2024
Evolve Undefined
A
I would love this. You are probably not surprised to know I have more knowledge than my PCP about menopause. It's been so hard to find an MD who has done their homework on menopause- standard training does more harm than good and I'm so sorry my awesome OB-GYN is retiring !!!
07:58 PM - May 06, 2024
Carmen Derbedrossian
A
Thank you🐳
07:47 PM - May 06, 2024
Nellie Pennington
A
Also, many symptoms are written off (for years) as "perimenopause," when they may have an entirely different cause.

The biggest surprise for me was that even after my periods stopped, I still "cycle" hormonally.
07:46 PM - May 06, 2024 (Edited)
k Broquard
A
In response to Nellie Pennington.
Indeed
I think I mentioned to my dr and he said the hormone cycles should not be working that way. Ok
10:17 PM - May 06, 2024
Elle Faba Prefers Bears to Humans
A
Yes please! I've had a few conversations back and forth with a few other people on here. But it would be great to have additional resources. Another one I've found, especially for active women, is Selene Yeager's Feisty Menopause podcast. She's another one really good for evidence based info.
07:44 PM - May 06, 2024
Young Lesbian Dre
A
I'm at the age where I'm happy to have a period every month. Because I'm not ready for menopause. I'm just not...😬 But, it's inevitable as a woman...🫠
07:20 PM - May 06, 2024
Strohcat
A
Yes and thank you!!
07:20 PM - May 06, 2024
Kay Emell
A
Thank you very much!
07:15 PM - May 06, 2024
Nanci CatMom
A
Yes, please 👏
07:04 PM - May 06, 2024
Renee Tang
A
🙏🏻 Please share what you learn. This information would greatly benefit so many of us. Thank you.
06:54 PM - May 06, 2024
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}