The Reluctant Townie
A
Today was a humid spring day. This is that time of year where the masonry construction of the first floor of the house, plus the clay ground underneath, maples at full leaf, lend their value. A few windows cracked, one fan circulating air, interior holding at 65.
05:28 PM - May 08, 2024
Deborah Conway
A
In response to The Reluctant Townie.
It’s so humid in Brooklyn today, so happy fro be home, open the windows and have the fan on while I just relax for a few.
05:37 PM - May 08, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
In response to Deborah Conway.
A preview I guess, but the days ahead look pretty decent. Love the Northeast!
05:39 PM - May 08, 2024
Deborah Conway
A
For now until summer hits! I don’t like the summer anymore 😌
05:56 PM - May 08, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
Me neither. I find joy within 4 distinct seasons. Nostalgia I suppose. I've never enjoyed heat and humidity but have tempered it with the bounty of a diverse growing season and farm stands. I prefer Autumn, but even that isn't what's remembered. Adapt, overcome, improve. As best as one can.
06:00 PM - May 08, 2024
Deborah Conway
A
Very true indeed 😌. When I was a teenager I loved summer but as I have gotten older I don’t like the very hot days.
06:01 PM - May 08, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
During the winter months now in the Hudson Valley I can be out in shorts as long as my upper body is covered. It makes for an interesting visual spectacle. We used to have first frost in late September. The ticks don't die off anymore. Mosquitoes in every month.
06:05 PM - May 08, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}