Anthony Lee
A
thread 1/5
Countdown to My Debut Novel Release

15 days and counting...

Doctor Lucifer by Anthony Lee will be available for sale on the websites of Amazon and Barnes & Noble starting May 24, 2024. You can preorder the ebook and B&N paperback now:

Read this thread for today's fun facts about the book. 🙂
10:04 AM - May 09, 2024
Anthony Lee
A
thread 2/5
In my novel that mixes medical with cybercrime thriller, a malware called Lucifer's Worm spreads around the world and renders computer networks vulnerable to further attacks by computer hackers. In this context, one hacker alters the medical records of patients at one hospital, harming their care.
Anthony Lee
A
thread 3/5
Why is the malware called Lucifer's Worm, not Lucifer's Virus? Two reasons:

1. A virus attaches to an existing program and is triggered by running the program. A worm propagates independently.

2. "Lucifer's Worm" lends itself to cool metaphorical imagery: a worm monster boring holes through earth.
Anthony Lee
A
thread 4/5
One literary agent who rejected my query for this novel actually felt the malware should be called "Lucifer's Virus" and even said "Lucifer" should be "Satan" or "Death." But I have firm reasons for "Lucifer" (see yesterday's thread) and "Worm" (see previous spout in this thread). I stand by them.
Anthony Lee
A
thread 5/5
As you can see, I put a lot of thought into the name of this fictional malware because I want it to have deeper meaning, not just be a label. Thrillers may be more plot-based and superficial compared to other forms of fiction, but I am more sophisticated than that. I write thrillers with depth. 🙂
SueinAZ
A
I pre-ordered your book on Kindle.Looking forward to the 24th to start reading!
In response to Anthony Lee.
09:29 PM - May 09, 2024
Anthony Lee
A
In response to SueinAZ.
Thanks for pre-ordering. 🙂
10:14 PM - May 09, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}