Dr. Jarret Ruminski
A
The resurgence of nationalism across the globe in the 21st century really is a ticking time bomb. Nationalism tends to breed insularity, reactionary outbreaks, notions of self-superiority, and suspicion towards outsiders that historically has exploded in violence and wars. And it's happening again.
12:32 PM - May 13, 2024
Marie Jamison
A
In response to Dr. Jarret Ruminski.
Those pounding their chests with "blood & soil" have no idea that the very pitiful images of what Ukraine in ruins looks like could be this nation. If domestic terrorism & anti democracy succeeds we all will suffer. It's on the usual suspects to stop this bigotry. Call a thing a thing.
01:09 PM - May 13, 2024
Angelique Yaich
A
What's makes nationalism happen? My thoughts would be that there is a minority of "owners" looking to get more "things" and let human being sacrifice their bodies to make that happen.//We need to identify the real instigators.
01:01 PM - May 13, 2024
Sabine Savvidis
A
I would be very interested in reading your historian's view on the underlying causes.
12:46 PM - May 13, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
I think of climate change along the lines of The Event in 'Children of Men'. The movie is almost 20 years ago now and as prescient as ever.
12:35 PM - May 13, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}