Karl S the Typo King
A
I feel like I haven’t been posting much, I probably haven’t, I’m dealing with that “I don’t belong anywhere” feeing. A lot of the talk here is about politics, which while important mostly just pisses me off. I don’t want to unfollow people, but I can’t be inundated with it all the time.
02:38 PM - May 14, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Karl S the Typo King.
I feel similarly & the pendulum swings on my spouting, too. Some days I spout about politics as an outlet, sometimes I'm all in on the daily picture theme, or funny sarcasm, or not at all. But not belonging is my Super Power because then everything is open to me.
01:16 AM - May 15, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
It’s just kinda been my life. I will say this a place I’ve felt comfortable sharing things I don’t share elsewhere, but even that doesn’t necessarily make me feel like I always belong here. I know I’m welcomed, and have been told before I do belong here, but I just don’t always feel that way.
01:23 AM - May 15, 2024
Peggy Stuart #FirstWave
A
Read my pinned post. Tap on the link and read the story. That’s how I cope.
12:16 AM - May 15, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Peggy Stuart #FirstWave.
That’s only slightly ominous 😆😆😆 I’ll check it out a little later after I get the kids to sleep. As long as there isn’t a prompt for my ss number or cc info that is 😉
12:20 AM - May 15, 2024
Maxwell Mercy
A
Feel free to curate the feed. Your mental health comes first, and it's your call. 👍🏽
06:09 PM - May 14, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Maxwell Mercy.
I’ve been trying to figure out the best way to do that.
06:17 PM - May 14, 2024
Professor Kyle
A
FWIW, I always enjoy your posts.
05:12 PM - May 14, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
Thank you. It was really weird having you traveling the last week and not being around much. I mean live your life and all, but you really do drive a lot of conversation on here. At least from my perspective.
05:22 PM - May 14, 2024
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
I made a list for when the US politics goes off the rails. On that list are people who don't seem to spout out much politics. It will be my place to go at that point.
I don't spout as much but that is my overall mood lately.
05:09 PM - May 14, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Carla Reid + Chilla.
I never did make any lists, felt like too much work, but also it seems to always be off the rails these days. Just horrible people being horrible. I have noticed I see less of you lately, I figured our schedules were out of whack.
05:16 PM - May 14, 2024
Liz
A
In response to Carla Reid + Chilla.
Excellent idea
05:58 PM - May 14, 2024
Kay Emell
A
Stick with me if you want baby chicken pics.
04:22 PM - May 14, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Kay Emell.
I’ll definitely keep an eye out for them 😁
04:37 PM - May 14, 2024
Becky A.
A
In response to Kay Emell.
Following you cuz of the chick's. Looking forward to photos!
05:26 PM - May 14, 2024 (Edited)
M
A
it’s perfectly valid to look at your timeline and realize that this is not what you need. or that you need other sources to fill what’s empty.
you can pick it up again when you have something to say. 🫶
04:19 PM - May 14, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to M.
I jump on here a few times a day and scroll waiting to see if there’s something I can join in on, it’s just been less frequent that I’ve felt I’ve had something to say recently.
04:36 PM - May 14, 2024
MEAction NOW
A
Apart from politics, I post about medicine, science, LongCovid and MECFS - in case that interests you.
03:59 PM - May 14, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to MEAction NOW.
Medicine and science do to an extent, but it wouldn’t be something I could add anything to, nothing personal but additional politics isn’t what I want added to my feed right now.
04:25 PM - May 14, 2024
Carol DeFreese
A
For what it's worth, I follow people who say something that pique my interest, and I follow you... so you must be interesting! Keep spouting whatever you want. Nothing is too mundane, silly, nonsensical, or serious here.
03:57 PM - May 14, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Carol DeFreese.
Thank you. A lot of the time I have no idea what to say.
04:12 PM - May 14, 2024
Pam Sourelis
A
Post a spout about the kinds of topics you're interested in, and ask other like-minded people to respond so you can follow them.
03:47 PM - May 14, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Pam Sourelis.
Topics I’m interested in, and my ability to partake in those topics is lacking. I love movies, seen thousands, but I have no time to watch them now, so can’t really discuss much about them. It’s an annoying situation.
03:54 PM - May 14, 2024
The Reluctant Townie
A
I've moved most of political and war conversation over to WhatsApp because I felt I was going overboard. Some days I slip up. Hopefully once the life settles into a routine over the summer I'll post more about the 'paper and pencil' tabletop roleplaying game stuff I do.
03:43 PM - May 14, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to The Reluctant Townie.
I’m not saying people shouldn’t post what they want, just an observation about what’s getting posted and my inability to join in the conversation, which then leads me to post less since I’m not interacting with others.
03:51 PM - May 14, 2024
Bev Turner
A
Karl you are not alone. There's a reason I don't spout much politics on here. Having recently moved to the country, as silly as it sounds, this place is where I come for friendship. BTW, you are not boring! 😘
03:29 PM - May 14, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Bev Turner.
Maybe I find myself boring and figure others do too. I see so many people with varied hobbies, people going places, doing different things, and I’m like, what day is it, where do I need to be and when, and don’t have time for any of that stuff.
03:39 PM - May 14, 2024
JustDee
A
I understand that feeling for my own reasons. 🫂
😻
03:27 PM - May 14, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to JustDee.
It’s not fun, not at all.
03:34 PM - May 14, 2024
Bella_Gee
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
03:22 PM - May 14, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Bella_Gee.
It seemed like the first 6-8 months here that was the case. People having fun, it was lighthearted with acknowledgment of serious things and what needs to be done to change it. Then more of the mean started coming forward and things felt more… uncomfortable.
03:33 PM - May 14, 2024
Timara (she/her)
A
🫂🫂🫂
03:18 PM - May 14, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Timara (she/her).
❤️ I don’t know why it’s so difficult to feel like I belong somewhere? I know part of it was all the moving I did, but that stopped years ago. Now I just feel out of place everywhere.
03:24 PM - May 14, 2024
Guilty!
A
I think that's a shared sentiment by many. I try to keep my spouting to 50% music, 30% politics/current events, 10% shenanigans, 9% misc, and 1% sea stories. But it's easy to get caught up.
03:16 PM - May 14, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Guilty!.
I’m not even sure what my breakdown is, but it’s probably 75-80% about cleaning. Might even be more…
03:25 PM - May 14, 2024
Unapologetically Beth
A
It's going to get worse the closer we get to Nov. I'm muting when it feels like too much--specifically: repetitive, preaching to the choir stuff.

Taking breaks when necessary is good, too.
02:54 PM - May 14, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Unapologetically Beth.
Yea, the only place online I don’t run into it is the Packers website 😆 beaks are very good. Oh and sorry for today being busy for you, I haven’t done a damn thing.
02:59 PM - May 14, 2024
#Glassbydeanna
A
In response to Unapologetically Beth.
We do not have the luxury of avoiding the uncomfortable realm of politics at the moment. There is literally an attack on democracy happening right now. Ignore it if you want to be russian. I am not joking. Trump, Flynn, PP/harper in Canada have been diligently undermining all democratic constructs
03:58 PM - May 14, 2024
Li Milla4
A
I'm very political, and even I have days where I just can't.

But if I'm on one of my tears where I'm all about politics, feel free to mute my ass. Just don't forget to unmute me and check in once in awhile.

Have you tried making a list: 'people who never f'in annoy me with political talk'?
02:49 PM - May 14, 2024
Unapologetically Beth
A
In response to Li Milla4.
Yes! Lists are a great way around some of it too.
02:55 PM - May 14, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Li Milla4.
I’ll never mute you, I don’t find you problematic at all. Like I said, it’s important, but seeing those jackasses makes want to harm them the way they want to harm others, and that’s not real good.
02:55 PM - May 14, 2024
Drea
A
I’ve been on/off this overall as I’m here, and I’m extremely political.
02:49 PM - May 14, 2024
Jo she/her Thompson
A
I'm sorry you're having those unsettled feelings. I hope you are enjoying your IRL-life!

Here's a sleeping puppy picture for a timeline cleanse 😁
02:47 PM - May 14, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Jo she/her Thompson.
I want to play with her! Or just lay with her 🥰
Unfortunately no, I feel similarly out in the world too.
02:52 PM - May 14, 2024
Adele Not the singer
A
02:44 PM - May 14, 2024
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Adele Not the singer.
I participated in the daily picture theme for a while, but it was mostly just pictures of my kids relating to the theme and it started feeling redundant. For as beautiful as they are, I can only look at so many flower pics too.
02:51 PM - May 14, 2024
Salma Typhii
A
Maybe kick out more topics you want to talk about? I randomly post weird shit and get takers a lot
02:43 PM - May 14, 2024 (Edited)
Karl S the Typo King
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
That’s another part of my problem, all of days are filled the mundane, taking care of three kids, cleaning, and occasional baking. These things seem repetitive and don’t do a lot for making conversations. Like, I did the dishes again, but so did everyone else. I guess I’m just boring 😆
02:48 PM - May 14, 2024
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}