Nancy Norbeck
A
Does anyone else notice that #Spoutible on desktop only works for so long, and then you need to close the tab and open a new one, at which point it will suddenly work again?
10:25 AM - Mar 20, 2023
🤘 Raymond M. Black 🤘 🐉
A
In response to Nancy Norbeck.
Yes. I leave my computer up & never close the browser (Firefox). I have to manually kill the tab, as it tends to grab 10-20% of the processor if left open on the Spoutible site for more than a few hours. I don't have a low-end machine, either (AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, base clock 3.7 GHz, 32 GB RAM).
11:07 AM - Mar 20, 2023
Nancy Norbeck
A
In response to 🤘 Raymond M. Black 🤘 🐉.
I'm on Firefox, too, and definitely also not a low-end machine (brand new Macbook Pro 16, M1Pro, 32 GB RAM). I wonder if Firefox has something to do with it, since it seems to be the neglected browser these days?
11:14 AM - Mar 20, 2023
🤘 Raymond M. Black 🤘 🐉
A
I'll open a tab in Edge (new Edge, uses Chromium just like the Chrome browser) and leave it overnight to see what happens.

Not giving up Firefox, because it's got some add ons I don't see anywhere else, plus it gives me the side tabs (Edge does it, now, but not Chrome).
11:20 AM - Mar 20, 2023
Nancy Norbeck
A
I hear you. I like that FF is more privacy-focused and not the memory hog Chrome is (or was when I last used it). Let me know what happens! I may try something different, too, and will also report back.
11:27 AM - Mar 20, 2023
🤘 Raymond M. Black 🤘 🐉
A
Looks like it's just a Firefox issue.
10:07 AM - Mar 21, 2023
Nancy Norbeck
A
In response to 🤘 Raymond M. Black 🤘 🐉.
Good to know. I set up a tab on Safari on my Mac, but my latest FF tab hasn't croaked yet, so I hadn't reached a conclusion yet. What's the best way to let the Spoutible folks know?
10:57 AM - Mar 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}