Christopher Bouzy
A
Please spare a moment to participate in our most recent survey.

https://surveys.spoutible....
11:56 AM - Mar 21, 2023
STEM TheBleeding
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
3) is kind of a Field of Dreams question, if you bring in more users, more journalists will come. If you bring more journalists, more users will come. It's not an either/or.

6) At least should let us leave the ones we've never used blank, I just had to put in arbitrary numbers.
12:24 PM - Mar 21, 2023
Nancy Norbeck
A
In response to STEM TheBleeding.
I think the same is true re: a mobile app. You'll get more people with one, and more of them will be journalists.
02:14 PM - Mar 21, 2023
STEM TheBleeding
A
In response to Nancy Norbeck.
The irony is apps were never meant to be long term solutions. They were meant to be bandages until websites were capable of doing the same things, but now we've become so used to having apps that we don't consider a web site "complete" until it has one, even if it provides no additional benefit.
03:06 PM - Mar 21, 2023
Nancy Norbeck
A
I'm aware, but the fact is that this site is still unusable on my iPad, and sites like the bird site remain clunky on mobile compared to their actual apps, so there's still a benefit to using them, hence the desire for them.
03:08 PM - Mar 21, 2023
STEM TheBleeding
A
In response to Nancy Norbeck.
People were mentioning a new update that improved iPad usage just the other day.

But agreed, the best benefit apps have is that they allow easy scaling to your display, where with websites its more difficult.
03:25 PM - Mar 21, 2023
Nancy Norbeck
A
I had not heard of that update, but I just took a look and it does seem to be better on the iPad.

You're much too harsh on apps, though. Some, like the eBay/Etsy apps, have better features than the original website. They're much more usable than the original sites.
04:11 PM - Mar 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}