Little Bird
A
1957 so beautifully done! I think about this piece of brilliance every April Fools. I remember seeing it as a kid on tv in the 60s and just screaming with delight.

https://youtu.be/8scpGwbvxvI
1957: The SPAGHETTI HARVEST | Panorama | Classic BBC clips | BBC Archive - YouTube

Panorama reports from Switzerland, where the combination of a mild winter and the virtual disappearance of pests like the spaghetti weevil, has resulted in a...

09:13 PM - Mar 31, 2023
uOMi
A
In response to Little Bird.
As a Swiss 🇨🇭 Woman I take particular delight in this, thanks for posting. 😊
10:33 PM - Mar 31, 2023
Little Bird
A
In response to uOMi.
I was enthralled by the delicate spaghetti harvesting skills of Swiss women.. I am disappointed that I still cannot purchase fine Swiss spaghetti in my grocery store.
06:07 AM - Apr 01, 2023
uOMi
A
I like Spinach Spaghetti but had difficulty this past week finding some, so I settled for whole wheat from Trader Joe’s which added on a bunch of new pasta of late, might want to check it out.
06:43 AM - Apr 01, 2023
Little Bird
A
In response to uOMi.
I don’t know Trader joes in AU ..
I googled it and they sell pop tins of cinnamon roll dough - Ioved that in the 70s when I lived in USA but no refrigerated canned dough products here.

.. probably poison but I’d still go for those cinnamon rolls.

It’s now 23 years since I left USA.
07:08 AM - Apr 01, 2023
uOMi
A
H, ha, US-centric assumptions, sorry.

Never used any canned dough. Why, when a good part of baking is making dough?

45 years for me in the US, I grew up in Switzerland.

Trader Joe’s originally was a German grocery store my Mom would stock up on meat and butter at a fraction of 🇨🇭costs.
07:40 AM - Apr 01, 2023
Little Bird
A
In response to uOMi.
I’m glad you love it! I’m only good at healthy soups, I got that hunger-survival skill from my Netherlands mother.
I was never good at baking and with just 2 of us we’d eat too much if I was… so I buy a loaf a week from a good artisan baker. So much skill & good ingredients go into it.
07:56 AM - Apr 01, 2023
uOMi
A
I used to make oat cookies for our macrobiotic restaurant inAmsterdam, the best, made with no sugar, only soaked fruits by the buckets,

For the same reason I do not bake for myself. I would widen even more.

Tassajara bread fresh out of the oven with butter & honey in baked by my room mate in
08:08 AM - Apr 01, 2023
Little Bird
A
In response to uOMi.
I’ve been thinking of making some sugarless Oat cookies - I shall do it tomorrow. I need to use up my “past it’s use by date” dried fruit. Now to do my word puzzles. Then sleep. Walk to the farmers market in the morning to get bunnies some fresh greens for the week. Thanks so much for the chat!
08:46 AM - Apr 01, 2023
uOMi
A
Please share a pic.
02:07 PM - Apr 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}