Nisa Kesseler
A
As a teen services librarian, I have to say times are rough. However, nothing and nobody will stop me from doing my job and making sure library space is welcoming and safe for ALL patrons! Book banners and bigots will not ruin public libraries...
All that said, I'm tired. But I'll never quit.
03:57 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Nisa Kesseler
A
In response to Nisa Kesseler.
I have to say, these replies are filling my bucket! Thank you all so much! Support is so important for both public and school libraries right now. Even if your community seems immune, please let your local librarians know how much you appreciate them...I promise, it will mean the world to them!
04:20 PM - Apr 01, 2023

Only followers of this user (Happy4uuu) can see their posts

Lori Anne Thomley
A
You are fighting the good fight. Libraries are essential. One of my favorite writers, Neil Gaiman, is a great supporter of libraries, including this in his bio:
about neil | biography - Neil Gaiman https://www.neilgaiman.com/about_neil/biography
04:12 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Nisa Kesseler
A
In response to Lori Anne Thomley.
Oh yes, all librarians are big fans of Neil Gaiman!
04:16 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Karan Rhodes
A
And I, for one, appreciate you. Keep up the fight. #GoodTrouble
04:06 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Dee E
A
👏👏👏
04:05 PM - Apr 01, 2023
soSeyChelles
A
I appreciate you! #IHeartLibrarians
04:04 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Silke Spoutista
A
I love that you love humanity enough to guard the gateway to knowledge!
Thank you hardly says it. 🙏💕🐳
04:03 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Brian Green
A
Thank you for this! As the child of a librarian, I know that it is hard, and usually underappreciated work. I also know how critical what you do is for youth, particularly those of us who are underrepresented in literature and society as a whole.
04:03 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Nisa Kesseler
A
In response to Brian Green.
The teens are what keep me going. They are vulnerable; I'm an adult and I am glad to take the garbage the bigots sling in order to keep it away from these teens. They just need space to exist without having to justify their existence, where they can ALWAYS just be themselves.
04:15 PM - Apr 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}