Andy Medici
A
All right fellow spouters! (Is that the right word?) What age is old enough to watch the first Jurassic Park movie? I have a kid who keeps asking.

So what age?

6+

8+

10+

12+

17 votes — 08:37 PM - Apr 02, 2023
(laura) elsen
A
In response to Andy Medici.
Less scary than Jaws, more scary than Indiana Jones.

I had just turned 11 when it came out originally. Definitely thought it was intense, the T-Rex especially but not scary. I was into dinosaurs so some of my wonder at SEEING dinosaurs probably blunted the unpleasant bits.
08:51 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Andy Medici
A
In response to (laura) elsen.
I do remember my love of dinosaurs blunting how scary it was.
08:54 PM - Apr 02, 2023
RA
A
I don't know, but 10 was waaay to young for Raiders of the Lost Ark! My cousin and I nearly scarred her daughter a few years ago. 💀
08:42 PM - Apr 02, 2023
David Allen
A
Depends entirely on the temperament of the kid. I was nine when it was first released and saw it in theaters with my dad. I got scared a few times (outhouse snack!), but walked away absolutely thrilled and obsessed with dinosaurs.
08:42 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Andy Medici
A
In response to David Allen.
The outhouse scene! I had forgotten about that!
08:55 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Lo
A
In response to David Allen.
Came to the comments to say this - depends on the kid! My son was pretty young when we saw it the 1st time - I think he was maybe 6 when we rented it (yes, that long ago). His son is now that age, but hasn't seen it yet - his Dad knows he's not ready to watch all the parts yet.
09:08 PM - Apr 02, 2023
VictoriaLandis
A
Funny story. My #2 son was 5 when the movie first came out. I prepped him for a few days in advance, telling him it wasn't real.

So, in the theater, I was reacting to a scene, and my son leaned over & said, "Mom, it's not real."

I laughed so hard.
08:41 PM - Apr 02, 2023
Andy Medici
A
In response to VictoriaLandis.
Lol kids can be so great!
08:56 PM - Apr 02, 2023

Only followers of this user (beec4240) can see their posts

Feminazgul
A
A lot of people die in that movie, and some of the deaths are horrific. I wouldn't let anyone under 10 watch that.
08:39 PM - Apr 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}