Anthony Lee
A
In my opinion, remote work from home ought to be a permanent thing if possible. There are many benefits to working from home, including the elimination of a commute that drains one's energy and contributes to climate change, the familiarity of home, and potentially greater productivity. 🙂
09:03 PM - Apr 05, 2023
Anton Markwart
A
In response to Anthony Lee.
The old rule was that capital was mobile but labor was static. With work from home, labor can also be mobile; you can work from anywhere, find a job working for any company worldwide which supports work from home. It's not perfect, but it's an improvement.
05:45 PM - Apr 08, 2023
Laurie Boris
A
YES! This. And it costs a company NOTHING.
01:05 PM - Apr 08, 2023
Matlock
A
Correct. I've noticed I'm more productive as well, but not because I do more work in 8 hours as much as I do the same amount of work in fewer hours, and then get to enjoy my life for the rest of the day
12:52 PM - Apr 08, 2023
Jo Ellen Claus
A
I'm in IT & have WFH since Jan 2020 when all IT went remote. I absolutely love it. Management says productivity increased. When the bldg lease was coming up they asked & none wanted to return to the office. Moved a data center & leased 2 floors in a new bldg. Everybody's happy!
09:34 PM - Apr 06, 2023
myersgirl3
A
Remote work, yes, but not exclusively from home. Sometimes home is not conducive, or there are other distractions.
09:26 PM - Apr 06, 2023
James Reese
A
I prefer to be in the office. If I worked at home I would likely retire sooner than later. I choose to be the only one in the office and it is glorious! Solitude!
08:55 PM - Apr 06, 2023
Jack Handy
A
Not to mention that the local talent pool, while it may be great, can't compete with, ya know, THE WORLD.
10:55 PM - Apr 05, 2023
Ruth Spinelli
A
The job I have now was actually 100% remote pre covid although I didn’t work there myself until 2020. I work for a busy hospital and they just don’t have the room for my department. It seems like it’s been working well enough for them.
10:54 PM - Apr 05, 2023
Violet Segundo
A
I’ve been working from home for the past year. I’m loving it, and I feel so much more productive😊
10:13 PM - Apr 05, 2023
Roland Pugh
B
All valid points, but there is a danger to work-life balance. The natural separation of home and work provides a refuge from the drama and stress of the office. When your home is your office, getting away from it becomes hard. Especially when managers refuse to respect those boundaries.
09:45 PM - Apr 05, 2023
Jack Handy
A
In response to Roland Pugh.
Or the other way 'round...
10:56 PM - Apr 05, 2023
Kristen Edsall
A
I am 100 times more productive at home. I feel better, more focused and witness/part of less drama. Also, sick less (knock on wood) not a single cold, and never had covid (do still mask n95 outside home). I will retire before I ever go back into a building either part-time or full-time. No thanks!
09:44 PM - Apr 05, 2023
Brenda Dukes
A
I agree! I love working from home.
09:40 PM - Apr 05, 2023
Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé
A
Hear, hear!
09:18 PM - Apr 05, 2023
Lightstar (I Follow Back)
A
I am blessed to work at home and it is amazing.
09:09 PM - Apr 05, 2023
Mindy!!!
A
Agreed.
09:04 PM - Apr 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}