Alicia Kline
A
Imagine you are a teenager. Suppose you quit your very first job after 3 weeks because it was awful. On future apps, would you admit this work history and deal with any questions if they came up in an interview, or would you just pretend it never happened?
09:49 PM - Apr 14, 2023
JC_🇺🇸
A
In response to Alicia Kline.
I did exactly that. Worked just long enough to buy a guitar amp and I was OUTTA THERE. I own up to it because... it was a turkey plant. 🤢 Everyone understands.
08:50 AM - Apr 17, 2023
Know BS
A
3 weeks? never happened lol
10:01 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Alicia Kline
A
In response to Know BS.
I agree! My daughter didn't, because she said the app asked her if she had any prior customer service experience. And she did. 3 weeks worth. Lol.
10:07 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Josol
A
Nope.. never happened..
09:56 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Alicia Kline
A
In response to Josol.
That was the opinion that my husband and I shared, but our daughter is apparently honest to a fault. It did not come up in today's interview, however.
10:00 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Peter G Mitchell 😎
A
When I apply for a job, I tailor my resume to the job...

I don't include experience that doesn't... apply.

I had a new-grad HR type ask WHY I LIED on my resume! I set them straight. I got the job, too. I mentioned the new-grad HR type to anyone who could flick them. I believe they were flicked.
09:55 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Alicia Kline
A
In response to Peter G Mitchell 😎.
I'm also of the opinion that omitting something like that is not a lie. My daughter is apparently honest to a fault, though. It didn't come up in the interview she had today, but I made sure she had a solid response to the question just in case.
10:03 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Connie Hewitt
A
That's not a job.....it's a stop off for a cup of coffee . I'd omit it, honestly.
09:54 PM - Apr 14, 2023
Alicia Kline
A
In response to Connie Hewitt.
I agree, and I am a huge rule-follower. My daughter may have me beat, though, since she is apparently honest to a fault.
10:04 PM - Apr 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}