Christopher Bouzy
A
Please don't report new accounts unless they have an offensive handle, are impersonating someone, or spouting content that violates our policies. Please do not report accounts that "look" suspicious.
Oongy Noodle @jrf59
Q - do you automatically weed out the new accounts with no profile, no profile pic, 0 spouts, 0 following, 0 followers? Or do you need us to report those as well?
08:09 PM - Apr 16, 2023
08:12 PM - Apr 16, 2023
ScubaSuzyQ
A
I joined this evening and was met with two "Suggested Follows" accounts - both were profane vile sexual names and I was truly appalled. If this is the regular experience I will not continue to be here. Please have name selections for accounts reviewed prior to allowing membership here. Thank you.
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
08:31 PM - Apr 16, 2023
Lisa Hannon
A
In response to ScubaSuzyQ.
Sorry to hear that! Definitely not a regular occurrence.
06:12 PM - Sep 25, 2023
John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️
A
How would you suggest Chris review every single account before allowing someone to join? He's already worked tirelessly in the past 2.5 months to get this site up and running. Your suggestion is unrealistic and compared to Twitter, he's doing a damn good job at eliminating the problem.
07:02 AM - Apr 17, 2023
David Fox
A
@cbouzy Seems that "Suggested Follows" should really only include people that have proven in some way that they should be followed. Any/all of these things being true: Avatar, have at least __ people following them, have contributed in some way to the community (spouted off, gotten hearts), etc.
11:35 PM - Apr 16, 2023
Noel Marie
A
It's definitely not the regular experience. I've been here since the beginning of February and reported an account here or there for typical trolling behavior, but I'd never seen this type of thing until today. Most of the accounts are getting banned within minutes.
09:55 PM - Apr 16, 2023
Khrissy Choate
A
I’m so sorry this happened on the very day I said I hoped to see you join. Spoutible team is in it though.
09:35 PM - Apr 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}