Christopher Bouzy
A
Please don't report new accounts unless they have an offensive handle, are impersonating someone, or spouting content that violates our policies. Please do not report accounts that "look" suspicious.
Oongy Noodle @jrf59
Q - do you automatically weed out the new accounts with no profile, no profile pic, 0 spouts, 0 following, 0 followers? Or do you need us to report those as well?
08:09 PM - Apr 16, 2023
08:12 PM - Apr 16, 2023
Janet Gillespie
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Damn patience please. Do you have a tutorial for me to learn quicker?
01:49 AM - Aug 17, 2023
Christopher Fuller
A
The monsters are due on Mulberry Street lol.
11:33 AM - Jul 21, 2023
Stephen I
A
Not every empty account is devious. Sometimes life gets in the way. You sign up but get distracted and can't finish setting things up.

If they are bad actors they will show their intent soon enough.
03:20 PM - Apr 19, 2023
Sharon Alger ☿️
A
In response to Stephen I.
It's interesting. When I joined Blue Sky recently, a month old member told me that she notices how paranoid people migrating from twitter are at first. I see some of that mentality here, at times. And I agree with you
04:22 AM - Aug 04, 2023
Indigo
A
Yes, ofc! Only reported two so far. One was a clone account and the other was spouting racist threats. Both thanks to other vigilant accounts alerting the rest of us to those trolls' offensive behavior. Thanks again to all accounts spouting troll alerts. It's very much appreciated. 👍🏾🙏🏾🫶🏾
10:06 PM - Apr 17, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
I will follow new accounts that don't have any information. I will be weeding out one day, so if I'm following you, please fill out the 'About You' section, start spouting and echoing Thanks!
09:38 PM - Apr 17, 2023
Slippy Shoe Spouts Stuff
A
In response to Sassy Musing.
I take a similar approach. I do not want to have to put up steel shutters around myself because trolls exist. I feel safer here than I ever did elsewhere. I want to keep that feeling. We can still be vigilant at the right times and live normal the rest.
10:59 AM - Apr 19, 2023
Khrissy Choate
A
Question for you @cbouzy , if we see a new account with a blatantly offensive name, do you still want us to report them as we block? I only want to help keep Spoutible the welcoming and safe community it is, not add more work for you guys.
10:58 AM - Apr 17, 2023
R.A. Roth
A
It's tempting but I refrained.
03:12 AM - Apr 17, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
I may have just done this. My apologies.
I will be more specific going forward.
(Feeling like a Mama Bear about #Spoutible , or more accurately like an Auntie. I don’t feel apologetic about that.)
01:07 AM - Apr 17, 2023
Tammy Domike
A
It can take a while for some folks to figure out profile pics and get going. My hubby is clueless on how to put up a picture & I always have to help!
09:32 PM - Apr 16, 2023
Al Gray
A
Sorry I reported a few. Will hold off on that.
08:54 PM - Apr 16, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
Chris, would you mind confirming if this new account is legit? People are starting to follow it.
08:51 PM - Apr 16, 2023
Dave
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
It's already been removed.
09:45 PM - Apr 16, 2023
ScubaSuzyQ
A
I joined this evening and was met with two "Suggested Follows" accounts - both were profane vile sexual names and I was truly appalled. If this is the regular experience I will not continue to be here. Please have name selections for accounts reviewed prior to allowing membership here. Thank you.
08:31 PM - Apr 16, 2023
John Bolton's Mustache™️☑️
A
In response to ScubaSuzyQ.
How would you suggest Chris review every single account before allowing someone to join? He's already worked tirelessly in the past 2.5 months to get this site up and running. Your suggestion is unrealistic and compared to Twitter, he's doing a damn good job at eliminating the problem.
07:02 AM - Apr 17, 2023
Lisa Hannon
A
In response to ScubaSuzyQ.
Sorry to hear that! Definitely not a regular occurrence.
06:12 PM - Sep 25, 2023
G. H. ✅
A
Ok but some just scream it
08:17 PM - Apr 16, 2023
Jess Martin
A
In response to G. H. ✅.
That is true.
06:53 AM - Apr 17, 2023
Oongy Noodle