Angela
A
There's no more LGBTQ+ people today than there's ever been. Kids aren't following a trend but rather they were finally feeling safe enough to figure themselves out in public. No one has been indoctrinated. I knew I was gay while being raised in evangelical christianity where I was told it was evil.
10:59 AM - Apr 21, 2023
Reclusive Jerk
A
In response to Angela.
I’ve only recently realized I am nonbinary. I didn’t know it was a thing and just didn’t understand why I’ve never felt connected to my body’s sex. If knowing there’s a name for it makes it “trendy” then I guess I’m one of those embarrassing old people trying to look cool. 😂
12:38 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Angela
A
In response to Reclusive Jerk.
As a fellow old I only learned about the concept of non-binary in the last decade. I don't think we had the words for it when we were growing up. I'm a somewhat masculine presenting cis woman so I say I'm gender queer rather than non-binary.
01:31 PM - Apr 21, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
In response to Angela.
This. I ran into an older WM in a public space yesterday waxing nostalgic for the "good old days" when gay people hid it or they'd be beaten up & it was considered mental illness by the DSM. He had been a *counselor*. I pushed back like mad. These people are still everywhere.
11:53 AM - Apr 21, 2023
Angela
A
In response to Linda Eisenstein.
I had a psychologist like that in my early teens. He told me drinking and smoking were evil and would send me to hell. I was like "guess we're not going to honest about the queer stuff then am I?" After a month my parents asked if he fixed me and I lied and said yes just to get away from him.
11:57 AM - Apr 21, 2023
Yvette
A
In response to Angela.
I feel so sorry for people today who live in States where their lives are literally being threatened just for being who they are. It’s especially dangerous for younger Transgender youth. My friend’s transgender child committed suicide before the pandemic. Their family was supportive.
11:29 AM - Apr 21, 2023
Angela
A
In response to Yvette.
I'm so sorry about your friends family. I agree that things are really bad in the states pushing harmful legislation but it's also a form of stochastic terrorism against all LGBTQ+ people in this country.
11:39 AM - Apr 21, 2023
William Turner
A
In response to Angela.
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
11:18 AM - Apr 21, 2023
Angela
A
In response to William Turner.
Yes when I was in college in the early nineties I had several friends who were women that had married, raised a family, and then finally come out after the kids were grown. They all told me they never felt they had a choice.
11:20 AM - Apr 21, 2023
Strohcat
A
In response to Angela.
Absolutely!
11:02 AM - Apr 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}