Angela
A
There's no more LGBTQ+ people today than there's ever been. Kids aren't following a trend but rather they were finally feeling safe enough to figure themselves out in public. No one has been indoctrinated. I knew I was gay while being raised in evangelical christianity where I was told it was evil.
10:59 AM - Apr 21, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
In response to Angela.
This. I ran into an older WM in a public space yesterday waxing nostalgic for the "good old days" when gay people hid it or they'd be beaten up & it was considered mental illness by the DSM. He had been a *counselor*. I pushed back like mad. These people are still everywhere.
11:53 AM - Apr 21, 2023
Angela
A
I had a psychologist like that in my early teens. He told me drinking and smoking were evil and would send me to hell. I was like "guess we're not going to honest about the queer stuff then am I?" After a month my parents asked if he fixed me and I lied and said yes just to get away from him.
In response to Linda Eisenstein.
11:57 AM - Apr 21, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
In response to Angela.
Total freaking ugh. When I was stressed by family health stuff I went on recommendation to a therapist. To the question "Do you hear voices others don't?" I said, hell yes, as a playwright that's my job. She said "oh I've heard of people like THAT." Our first & last session, k, bye.
12:00 PM - Apr 21, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}