Breezy Aussie
A
To cope with my stress levels I have been told to do some ‘Beta Brain’ time. I’m not allowed to read, watch TV or listen to a podcast.
Ok.
Can someone tell me what to do with my brain.
It hasn’t done Beta in 40 years - no idea what to do. Like coming off crack or something.
Geez It is hard. 😫
06:54 AM - Apr 21, 2023
Noel Marie
A
In response to Breezy Aussie.
A few years ago when I was feeling overwhelmed, I decided not to add any outside thoughts (news, texts, music) to my brain for 24 hours. Giving my mind room to wander did wonders. I sometimes do it for a day but more often just take a walk or cook a meal w/o media. Brains need room to process life.
08:18 PM - Apr 23, 2023
Breezy Aussie
A
In response to Noel Marie.
Thank you for that - decided to follow you! My first real try at an hour of #BetaBrain was looking at the sea pounding into shore. Called a girlfriend and laughed with her for 45 mins. It was lovely.
09:00 PM - Apr 23, 2023
Noel Marie
A
Yes! Love it! Nature taught me how to just be. I try to turn my phone off, too. We're so programmed to try to fill time. The reflex is so strong. But my mind feels so much clearer after I give it room to just meander down whatever neural path it feels like taking.
09:17 PM - Apr 23, 2023
Breezy Aussie
A
Thank you for reaching out - I have never had a quiet brain - the whole idea of NOT actively thinking, planning, working out, learning, listening to.... is putting me in a most unfamiliar place! I am going to try 1 hour a day if I can.
09:21 PM - Apr 23, 2023
Noel Marie
A
I couldn't ride an escalator without being bored to tears. Plotted to get to the bus stop at just the right moment so I wouldn't have to wait. Even as a kid, I would read a book while riding my bike lol. 40 years and never learned to cook because stirring was boring. Then I learned to just be....
09:27 PM - Apr 23, 2023
Breezy Aussie
A
OMG! You are ME!!!
Don’t cook - waste of time - all those hours of cutting, measuring, stirring- for a 15min swallowing time! Always plan trips so I am travelling efficiently. Avoid people if I can - no shopping centres - fairs (except on the first/last day if I have to go.) #sisters !
10:52 PM - Apr 23, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}