Breezy Aussie
A
To cope with my stress levels I have been told to do some ‘Beta Brain’ time. I’m not allowed to read, watch TV or listen to a podcast.
Ok.
Can someone tell me what to do with my brain.
It hasn’t done Beta in 40 years - no idea what to do. Like coming off crack or something.
Geez It is hard. 😫
06:54 AM - Apr 21, 2023
Noel Marie
A
In response to Breezy Aussie.
A few years ago when I was feeling overwhelmed, I decided not to add any outside thoughts (news, texts, music) to my brain for 24 hours. Giving my mind room to wander did wonders. I sometimes do it for a day but more often just take a walk or cook a meal w/o media. Brains need room to process life.
08:18 PM - Apr 23, 2023
Breezy Aussie
A
In response to Noel Marie.
Thank you for that - decided to follow you! My first real try at an hour of #BetaBrain was looking at the sea pounding into shore. Called a girlfriend and laughed with her for 45 mins. It was lovely.
09:00 PM - Apr 23, 2023
Noel Marie
A
Yes! Love it! Nature taught me how to just be. I try to turn my phone off, too. We're so programmed to try to fill time. The reflex is so strong. But my mind feels so much clearer after I give it room to just meander down whatever neural path it feels like taking.
09:17 PM - Apr 23, 2023
Breezy Aussie
A
Thank you for reaching out - I have never had a quiet brain - the whole idea of NOT actively thinking, planning, working out, learning, listening to.... is putting me in a most unfamiliar place! I am going to try 1 hour a day if I can.
09:21 PM - Apr 23, 2023
Noel Marie
A
I couldn't ride an escalator without being bored to tears. Plotted to get to the bus stop at just the right moment so I wouldn't have to wait. Even as a kid, I would read a book while riding my bike lol. 40 years and never learned to cook because stirring was boring. Then I learned to just be....
09:27 PM - Apr 23, 2023
Breezy Aussie
A
OMG! You are ME!!!
Don’t cook - waste of time - all those hours of cutting, measuring, stirring- for a 15min swallowing time! Always plan trips so I am travelling efficiently. Avoid people if I can - no shopping centres - fairs (except on the first/last day if I have to go.) #sisters !
10:52 PM - Apr 23, 2023
Noel Marie
A
My freezer was frozen meal Tetris. Never dreamed I'd enjoy the creativity of cooking something pretty. That may not end up being your thing, but you never know! Learning to be changed me in unexpected ways. Look forward to hearing how it goes for you.
11:16 PM - Apr 23, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}