Maddow Blog
A
Hoo! Wasn't quite ready for how angering this would be. Those kids in the videos!
https://www.propublica.org...
02:40 PM - Apr 26, 2023
C.S. Stone
A
In response to Maddow Blog.
This community is next door to the one I live in. The NS trains come through here all the time (I hear one now).. They FLY through here only to stop and sit there. I used to work in that town... just call to let my boss know I was on the "wrong side of the track"... she understood completely.
08:09 PM - Apr 26, 2023
R.A. Roth
A
One strange fact in the article: Hammond, Indiana, is listed as a suburb of Chicago. I never knew it was considered part of the Chicago metro area, and I have lived near the city forever. The more you know.
07:50 PM - Apr 26, 2023
C.S. Stone
A
In response to R.A. Roth.
Lake, Porter and LaPorte Counties in Indiana are part of Greater Chicagoland.
08:10 PM - Apr 26, 2023

Only followers of this user (BanBillionaires) can see their posts

Jim Plunkett
A
They should start having lessons on how to safely unhook the cars

Then, the railroads will fix it right quick
03:38 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Kathleen Kern
A
Hey #ProLife folks, are you pro-these kids lives? Would you find it acceptable for your children to have to crawl under trains to get to school--or is it okay because it's capitalism?
03:12 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Sneaky Burrito
A
I grew up in a town where trains regularly blocked the streets for up to 30 minutes which made for an inconvenient commute by car but this didn't impact kids getting to the schools. Wow.
03:01 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Susan Simon
A
If it's a roadway six lanes wide they'd build a pedestrian bridge (see Storrow Drive in Boston)....not perfect for the littlest ones but better than this. What's so hard about fixing this?
02:50 PM - Apr 26, 2023
C.S. Stone
A
In response to Susan Simon.
the images in the article are in a neighborhood that already has a highway overpass at one end of it. It's a residential neighborhood, so even putting in overpasses will be interesting and then the question would be where...the tracks cross 3 intersections that access 3 schools in the area.
08:14 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Sitara 68
A
This is new? I used to do this all the time. But, then I lived in a poor neighborhood. Is this hitting the suburbs now or something?
02:41 PM - Apr 26, 2023
Jerf
A
In response to Sitara 68.
Same. Mind you it was still a little scary, but we did it regularly.
03:31 PM - Apr 26, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}