speedwagon
A
It feels like we have many people on here who are cybersquatting or, ironically, waiting for a larger community before engaging.

For example, I looked through hundreds of profiles with "journalist" in their bio, and approximately 50% had exactly 0 spouts. Another 25-30% have between 1 and 4 spouts.
10:33 AM - May 01, 2023
Ale Am
A
In response to speedwagon.
In the meantime we are building this community in a quiet diverse interesting curious inclusive way. And in light of that, maybe it's not important right now that there's no journalistic participation here. It gives us the possibility to shape it in a way that is more suitable for ourselves
12:54 PM - May 01, 2023
Raphael
A
its not 'cybersquatting' if it's their own name and it is an extremely common thing to do to reserve your own name as soon as possible in any emerging platform in order to prevent ACTUAL cybersquatting.
11:40 AM - May 01, 2023
speedwagon
A
In response to Raphael.
Agreed, which is why I said cybersquatting *OR* waiting to engage.

I suspect most of the profiles I looked at fall into the latter category, but many didn't have a blue check mark, so it's possible a few were actually cybersquatting.
01:24 PM - May 01, 2023

Only followers of this user (Aaron_kan_read) can see their posts

DrMHasOpinions
A
I heard (don't know if it's true) that you will be charged to read news on the bird site soon. When that happens, I expect more journalists with place holder accounts here to activate. Currently, they are still being seen by more accounts there.
10:50 AM - May 01, 2023
Ocean Moon
A
Yep, it's why my followers/following list is so lopsided. I don't follow back most Spouters that can't even say hello. They're just book marking the place.
10:49 AM - May 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}