Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
Fun fact..
The Bible is probably the most difficult & vague book one could ever endeavor to read or understand which is why the overwhelming majority who try to use it as a cudgel never read it themselves.. Well I have read the entire book of Genesis for AP English so I can speak on the subject..
04:21 PM - Apr 30, 2023
Dan Ehrenkrantz
A
In response to Pierson Tyler-Leonard.
I expect literature written a few thousand years ago to be "difficult and vague." But I also think the Bible has some great literature within it. The fact that it's been used to justify terrible things (though also great things) shouldn't stop us from appreciating what's good within it.
12:50 PM - May 01, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
In response to Dan Ehrenkrantz.
The Bible, like any written book of socially prescribed dogma, ought to be viewed within the context & the times it was written, in my opinion, bc in doing so society would be spared a tremendous amount of unnecessary hairsplitting & more over would better realize why the separation of powers exists
01:49 PM - May 02, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
Every religious book of dogma that undergirds any religion known to man, is, in fact, a work of one or more men's opinions, no matter one's perspective or beliefs in these opinions they are nonetheless just that as there remains no physical proof any God ever participated in these writings, just men
In response to Pierson Tyler-Leonard.
01:52 PM - May 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}