David Basora
A
Looking forward to baking my second ever cheesecake this weekend. First attempt was a few weeks ago. Not a full on failure, but not the resounding success I hoped for. If anyone from the #SpoutibleBakes community has helpful tips, they’ll be appreciated.
08:04 PM - May 02, 2023
Jennifer Sapien
A
In response to David Basora.
This cheesecake is literally the best I've ever had. It takes forever, but I've made it 3 times and it is now what my son requests as his birthday cake.
02:17 PM - May 04, 2023
Misha Ellison
A
I do have a cheesecake-specific tip. For a baked cheesecake, cracking on the top is a common issue. I like topping a cheesecake with something like a chocolate ganache. It hides the cracks and adds a nice layer on top. Depends on the flavor of course, but white or dark chocolate ganache is easy!
11:21 PM - May 02, 2023
David Basora
A
In response to Misha Ellison.
I thought of that. Since it’s going to be a lemon cheesecake, the topping is lemon curd and whipped cream
12:13 AM - May 03, 2023
Misha Ellison
A
David! I like the posh to your swash.

I really like this advice I once got with respect to baking in general: “The dough can smell your fear.” Lol.

I think of that and it helps me just dive on in with no fear.

Fails are good. We learn each time.
10:28 PM - May 02, 2023
Correen
A
Lately I've been trying to pay closer attention to my attitude while #baking /cooking.

#KitchenDrama #destress dialog
😊 slowly stir
[ever so] gently fold
carefully melt, etc.

Breathe & leave that stress at the kitchen door, enjoy.
09:37 PM - May 02, 2023

Only followers of this user (BanBillionaires) can see their posts

David Basora
A
In response to GARY ROWE.
Thanks!
08:14 PM - May 02, 2023

Only followers of this user (BanBillionaires) can see their posts

Deirdre
A
I love making cheesecake. Keep making them + keep notes. I just made cheesecake in a new oven on the weekend, + need to play around a bit with temperature, and time.I had it perfect in my old oven.
Watch some Youtube videos on what "done" looks like. Finely chopped nuts add crunch to the crust.
08:08 PM - May 02, 2023
Atheist Spinster
A
I have a great "🍒 cherry cheese pie" recipe from a microwave cookbook circa 1982. Not kosher, definitely not as rich or concentrated as real cheesecake, but it will definitely hit the spot!
08:07 PM - May 02, 2023
David Basora
A
In response to Atheist Spinster.
Sounds good!
08:08 PM - May 02, 2023
2tonshorty
A
It would help to know what about it didn't turn out quite right. Did it crack? Was it over/under cooked? Flavor was off?
08:06 PM - May 02, 2023
David Basora
A
In response to 2tonshorty.
Ingredients weren’t at room temp. Came out kind of dense and grainy
08:07 PM - May 02, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}