RA
A
thread 1/2
If you think Spoutible is a political echo chamber, have you considered that the tone here may actually be reflecting what real people think when social media isn't overrun by paid trolls, bots, and hatemongers?
11:08 AM - May 05, 2023
Doug Horne
A
thread 2/2
REAL human conversation has guidelines, appropriate ways of expressing oneself, and criteria of proof. It's not a free-for-all unless you're a complete jerk. Twitter is a free-for-all and those who choose to behave horribly dominate with zero accountability. Leave it to the jerks.
11:26 AM - May 05, 2023
The 3rd Corey
A
#Twitter has become a sensory deprivation chamber where you are gaslit so hard that you lose any sense of what real actual ppl think.

To my 👁️ many of the “good” #bluecheck I follow there seems more hysterical & desperate. And it’s the conditions. So unhealthy.
In response to RA.
11:19 AM - May 05, 2023
The 3rd Corey
A
In response to The 3rd Corey.
This place will change as more diversity (of opinions) joins, the tone here will change a bit I’m sure.

But the guardrails are in place. The community here is committed to fairness & decency. It’s all you can ask. #Spoutible 🐳
11:22 AM - May 05, 2023
RA
A
In response to The 3rd Corey.
I had a similar realization last week when I heard that Tucker Carlson only had 3 million viewers -- less than 1% of Americans. The white supremacists are acting like they are in the majority when they are a tiny minority getting outsized attention and power.
11:21 AM - May 05, 2023
Yolanda
A
In response to RA.
Yes! It’s the outsized attention and power. They seem more than they are because the media constantly presents their ideas as popular opinions that need to be examined.
11:06 AM - May 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}