RA
A
thread 1/2
If you think Spoutible is a political echo chamber, have you considered that the tone here may actually be reflecting what real people think when social media isn't overrun by paid trolls, bots, and hatemongers?
11:08 AM - May 05, 2023
Doug Horne
A
thread 2/2
REAL human conversation has guidelines, appropriate ways of expressing oneself, and criteria of proof. It's not a free-for-all unless you're a complete jerk. Twitter is a free-for-all and those who choose to behave horribly dominate with zero accountability. Leave it to the jerks.
11:26 AM - May 05, 2023
RA
A
Having only been a lurker on twttr, it's hard for me to understand the mentality fully, but I think it has to do with people coming to social media with their fight or flight response engaged. If experience tells you that you are under attack on social media, then you will use it differently.
In response to Pamela B'well.
11:31 AM - May 05, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
In response to RA.
That makes sense. I know I still have my guard up here but that’s kind of how I am in my post-pandemic real life. It’s not easy feeling comfortable but I’m trying to get there.

I still get the feeling some folks are generally itching for a conflict. I’m steering clear of engaging in that case.
11:47 AM - May 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}