David James
A
Going to be interesting to see what the results on this are.

If you could go back in time and destroy the very first Bible, would you?

Hell yes!

Maybe…

No, we need it

134 votes — 09:43 AM - May 07, 2023
Dan Ehrenkrantz
A
Book burning / banning ? Nah.

Also, the Bible is a collection of books. By the time the individual books are being placed into the collection, some of them have been around for a few hundred years. Getting rid of “the first Bible” doesn’t really make sense.
In response to David James.
08:42 PM - May 07, 2023
Sue Paz
A
In response to Dan Ehrenkrantz.
So, "getting rid of the Bible" is somehow similar to "the Bible". It doesn't really make sense.

(I do believe that personal beliefs make sense, everyone has personal beliefs.)
08:11 AM - May 10, 2023
Dan Ehrenkrantz
A
In response to Sue Paz.
My point was that there is no such thing as “the first Bible.” Unless you want that term to mean the first printed Bibles, which date from the late 1400s/early 1500s, by which time the Bible is already influential in our culture.
08:22 AM - May 10, 2023
David James
A
Rant over.
10:22 PM - May 07, 2023
David James
A
I have always said that I have absolutely no problem with anybody having a religion as long as they respect my position on it, which is that I simply do not believe in fairytales, and they do not try to push that religion or their views on to me. It should be a personal thing.
10:22 PM - May 07, 2023
David James
A
Christians talk about their love for other people, and yet they use the Bible, the very book that apparently is the guideline for a good life, to justify their hatred and prejudices. I just wonder what would have happened if it had never been allowed to perpetuate.
10:19 PM - May 07, 2023
David James
A
People decry Mein Kampf as a work of evil, but I don’t see any difference between that, the Bible or the Quran, basically they are all a manual that is open to interpretation and contains prejudice & violence, and all are used and have been used to justify prejudice & violence.
10:17 PM - May 07, 2023
David James
A
It just always makes me laugh to hear people talking about the one God. in Lockeport, which is a tiny little town in Nova Scotia, there are four churches in the one road all worshipping this one God, each with their own version of this one God, it’s ridiculous.
10:14 PM - May 07, 2023 (Edited)
David James
A
It was a conceptual thought, because even without the Bible things like the Mabinogion would probably still have come into being, and words would still have been twisted to suit peoples means.
10:08 PM - May 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}