DragonEmbersArt
A
I am amazed at how therapy makes a person honest. Not only with themselves, but with sharing their story with others.
I can now openly share that I was raped in the military without being ashamed or feeling like I did something wrong to cause what happened. It is freeing.
10:29 PM - May 09, 2023
Nancy Morgan
A
In response to DragonEmbersArt.
I’m so sorry that happened to you. And I’m glad you realize that it was 100% not your fault. 💙
12:15 PM - May 10, 2023
DragonEmbersArt
A
In response to Nancy Morgan.
The fault part is still taking time. So many years of hardwiring to break apart; I have to keep telling myself over and over that it was never my fault.
But admitting that it happened is huge. My shame over it stemmed from a society that doesn't want to discuss those painful things.
01:41 PM - May 10, 2023
Perspective
A
12:12 PM - May 10, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
A good therapist and being ready to share those darkest moments make such a difference. I'm sorry you were harmed in that way but I'm proud you're surviving and speaking your truth.
10:55 PM - May 09, 2023
Sassy Musing
A
I'm sorry that that happened to you, and I am thrilled that you've worked it through to get where you are today. It's a hard journey, but well worth it.
10:51 PM - May 09, 2023
DragonEmbersArt
A
In response to Sassy Musing.
Honestly, I'm not. Everything that happened led me down the path to the most important person I ever had in my life. Although that path was hard and filled with terrible things in the end I had more joy then I could have ever hoped for.
10:55 PM - May 09, 2023
Know BS
A
So brave!
10:50 PM - May 09, 2023
DragonEmbersArt
A
In response to Know BS.
I don't know about that. More just brutally honest.😅
10:56 PM - May 09, 2023
Jill Richardson
A
I’m glad you’ve found a therapist to help you work through the shame and emotions. It takes a great deal of work. #MeToo
10:44 PM - May 09, 2023
Dad The Geek
A
It’s kinda funny, in a good way…. My Trans kid has been in therapy since we knew there was something he was going through that we couldn’t help with. Been about 5 years now…

He recently put a sticker on his car that reads “I lie to my therapist”.

Sarcasm runs in my family!
10:34 PM - May 09, 2023 (Edited)
DragonEmbersArt
A
In response to Dad The Geek.
That is hilarious! I wanted therapy to work so desperately so I was very honest from the get go, and so lucky that my therapist was a great match for me. She knows when to push and when to back away.
10:38 PM - May 09, 2023
Joanie C
A
I'm sorry this happened to you and you are right it wasn't your fault.
10:33 PM - May 09, 2023
Scarab Rose
A
10:29 PM - May 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}