ZaRdOz420WPN
A
The unconstitutionally gerrymandered extremist Republican supermajority in the Ohio House on Wednesday voted to be the first legislature in Ohio history to try to roll back the constitutional power of Ohio voters!
#BlueOhio
07:04 AM - May 11, 2023
Yvette
A
I don’t understand how this is legal? I see this happening in many Republican State Legislatures. I don’t understand how it’s not struck down in Court? I’m not a lawyer, but I always thought people’s votes were supposed to count. Why can’t gerrymandering be outlawed on a NATIONAL basis? 🤷‍♀️
In response to ZaRdOz420WPN.
11:20 AM - May 11, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
In response to Yvette.
The real issue is while Democrats have spent decades solely concentrating on the Statewide & Nat'l elections the GOP has spent this time overtaking state legislatures state after state to reach the point they're currently in & it's only now the alarms have gone off for Democrats & it seems too late!
03:05 PM - May 13, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
In response to Pierson Tyler-Leonard.
it's never too late to do the right thing! democracy, progression, and inclusion will triumph because it is inevitable. we just may have to wait a little longer and work a little harder in the mean time
03:56 PM - May 13, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
In response to Yvette.
Bc the GOP red state legislatures now tend to hold super majorities making it nearly impossible, when in fact otherwise actually impossible, for even voters to break thru & these states also tend find themselves chock full compliant judiciaries which also includes the UnHoly 6 on the Supreme Court..
02:57 PM - May 13, 2023
Vee a lot of everything Happened
A
In response to Pierson Tyler-Leonard.
Exactly 💯 that's why the corruption of SCOTUS must cease. The only way you change this dynamic in the red states is to contest it...and that means taking it to the highest court.
03:56 PM - May 13, 2023
Drummer Girl
A
In response to Yvette.
I thought so too & was horrified that the SC supported gerrymandering in states b/c states have the right to disenfranchise their voters since "both sides" can do it when in power or some such nonsense! The only way to fight this is w/in the states which is circular & horrifying or expand the SC!
11:30 AM - May 11, 2023
Yvette
A
In response to Drummer Girl.
Exactly. It’s like when you’re a little kid playing tag, and all of a sudden they change where BASE is. You can’t DO that! That’s CHEATING! That’s ALL Republicans know how to do. They can’t win in most places any other way. I can no longer watch Cable News due to their defense of the INDEFENSIBLE!
11:33 AM - May 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}