ZaRdOz420WPN
A
The unconstitutionally gerrymandered extremist Republican supermajority in the Ohio House on Wednesday voted to be the first legislature in Ohio history to try to roll back the constitutional power of Ohio voters!
#BlueOhio
07:04 AM - May 11, 2023
Yvette
A
In response to ZaRdOz420WPN.
I don’t understand how this is legal? I see this happening in many Republican State Legislatures. I don’t understand how it’s not struck down in Court? I’m not a lawyer, but I always thought people’s votes were supposed to count. Why can’t gerrymandering be outlawed on a NATIONAL basis? 🤷‍♀️
11:20 AM - May 11, 2023
Drummer Girl
A
I thought so too & was horrified that the SC supported gerrymandering in states b/c states have the right to disenfranchise their voters since "both sides" can do it when in power or some such nonsense! The only way to fight this is w/in the states which is circular & horrifying or expand the SC!
In response to Yvette.
11:30 AM - May 11, 2023
Yvette
A
In response to Drummer Girl.
Exactly. It’s like when you’re a little kid playing tag, and all of a sudden they change where BASE is. You can’t DO that! That’s CHEATING! That’s ALL Republicans know how to do. They can’t win in most places any other way. I can no longer watch Cable News due to their defense of the INDEFENSIBLE!
11:33 AM - May 11, 2023
Pierson Tyler-Leonard
A
In response to Yvette.
While I too share your levels of utter disgust for the GOP's autocratic responses to their voter base increasingly shrinking, their flat out refusals to try to appeal to a broader swath of the electorate, leaving them now to whittle away at opposition voters cycle after cycle to remain in power..
03:01 PM - May 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}